John Wiley & Sons
Title: Developer - SAP Technical
Location: Hoboken, NJ
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology; globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. The demand for knowledge and learning has never been greater, and Wiley is at the forefront of meeting that need. As a learning business, we make meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers.
This candidate must have a "can do" attitude and be able to work independently. The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills, in addition to strong organizational skills. This person will need to be detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple priorities. This individual must have proven ability to support multiple projects on an aggressive timeline. Having knowledge of the publishing industry processes, and the ability to generate functional requirements and design documents to solve business problems a strong plus. A candidate who possesses favorable time management skills, and the ability to work with staff at all levels of corporate management are both advantageous. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task and prioritize activities on assigned tasks, while also maintaining an eagerness to learn.
* Act as the technical expert, ensuring quick turnaround in identifying application issues and providing timely solutions.
* Create and review documentation including ERP Business Requirements, Functional Design Specifications, technical design specifications and unit test documents
* Stay updated with the latest technological advancement and changes in the world of SAP development and adapting to these changes by self-training and research work.
* Provide programming assistance for new and existing features in various SAP modules, including SD, MM, FI , IS-Media and RAR modules
* Perform performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functi
* Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* Extensive experience in ABAP development, with both custom development and customizations to existing processes, including use of IDOCs, ALE, RFC, BAPI, BADI, ALV, LSMW, ABAP Workbench, Data Dictionary, Reports (Classical and Interactive Reports), BDC, SAP Scripts, Enhancements.
* Experience with Adobe Forms, including custom forms and enhancements to standard SAP forms, output methods, determinations, etc.
* Minimum 6 years hands-on SAP development work experienc
* Experience in designing and developing SAP interfaces in alignment with various industry standard middleware tools, including mapping and IDOC processing.
Wiley is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or other legally protected status. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and employment review.
About John Wiley & Sons
John Wiley & Sons operates as a research and learning company worldwide.
John Wiley & Sons