John Wiley & Sons
Title: Salesforce Developer Co-op Internship
Location: Oak Brook, IL
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology; globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. The demand for knowledge and learning has never been greater, and Wiley is at the forefront of meeting that need. As a learning business, we make meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers.
Wiley Education Services uniquely understands the process of designing and implementing innovative learning experiences and comprehensive solutions that address today's higher education challenges. We provide education solutions, including online program management services for higher education institutions and course management tools for instructors and students. Through trusted collaborative relationships, Wiley Education Services also provides innovative content, technology, services, and insights that support its education partners to achieve improved institutional performance and learners to achieve their goals.
Wiley is seeking a Force.com Developer Intern with experience in developing functionality for enterprise solutions for a 2 Semester project. Be part of an extraordinary opportunity to transform the higher education experience!
* Participate in storyboarding and solution design sessions. Recommend alternate approaches, define technical impacts, and provide sizing estimates.
* Create technical designs for new product functionality on Wiley's Student Relationship Platform.
* Develop product capabilities using Force.com, APEX, Visualforce, and other technologies.
* Perform unit testing, integration testing, and performance testing of new product functionality. Analyze and mitigate issues identified during testing.
* Collaborate on and inform cross-functional teams of new feature technical design, technical requirements, limitations, and implementation.
* Liaise with Salesforce.com and Salesforce.com-certified service partners on solution development.
* Follow an iterative software development methodology and contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle and support.
* Contribute to the development and packaging methodology for Force.com application development.
* Articulate development status to technical and non-technical audiences.
* Continually refine business acumen and establish domain / industry vertical expertise.
* Continual monitor support queues and research and provide continuous updates to business on support cases
* Configure and deploy configuration related tasks in production
* Bachelor's Degree required, must be currently pursuing Master's Degree and available for full time work for summer, fall and Spring semester.
* Should have completed at least 1 year in their Master's Degree.
* Should have 9 - 12 credits left to take up in their Master's degree to graduate.
* Strong debugging skills
* Strong Java or programming skills
* Proficiency in database and SQL
* Willingness to learn new technology and programming language
* Ability to quickly connect business requirements with the functional capabilities of the application
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
Wiley is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or other legally protected status. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and employment review.
About John Wiley & Sons
John Wiley & Sons operates as a research and learning company worldwide.
John Wiley & Sons