A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our Information Technology Development team helps develop and supports internal information technology systems and applications for use by all staff levels. You'll help our team develop programmes and applications that cater to PwC's strategic technology needs using your knowledge of technical domains of application.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
* Be involved in the financial management of clients
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
* Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
* Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
* Train, coach, and supervise team members
* Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
6 year(s) of progressive roles focused on managing information technology applications and its overall impact on business strategies and productivity.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrates extensive level of technical knowledge and skills in areas of application development that may include:
* C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Framework 3.5 and later using Visual Studio 2013 [or later].
* Proficiency in SQL Server or other comparable databases such as MySQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL.
* Knowledge of object programming and software design patterns such as MVC, MVP, Singleton and factory.
* Building Application Integrations using REST and SOAP web services is a plus.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer Applications, Computer Programming
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in improving and managing the productivity of technology and business processes by creating automated workflows including:
* Lean IT principles and data driven approaches;
* Script languages and automation (e.g. Python, Ruby, JScript, VBscript, Bash, Powershell, Google Apps Script, Groovy);
* Cloud infrastructure and container-based deployment (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift);
* Modern web application development (e.g. AngularJS, NodeJS, Python, CSS3, Boostrap);
* NoSQL databases (e.g. DocumentDB, Cloud Datastore, MongoDB, Casandra, etc.);
* REST API design and creation (e.g. Spring-WebMVC, Jersey);
* API management (e.g. Azure API Management, Google Cloud Endpoints);
* Cloud-based platforms and services (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, MS Azure, AWS, OpenAPI, Swagger, Apigee);
* Continuous integration/continuous deployment (e.g. Git, Jenkins, TFS, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Gradie, Ant);
* Containers - Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift;
* Serverless: AWS Lambda, Cloud Functions;
* Unit testing using JUnit, NUnit and related tools;
* Data Integration Tools (SSIS, Informatica, API Management, Enterprise Service Bus, and Rules Engine);
* Source control using one of Git, Subversion, TFS; and
* Enterprise Application Integration and Identity Management (IdAM), (oAuth2).
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in application and IT strategy that spans multiple technology platforms including the following areas:
* Utilize technical understanding that spans multiple platforms and portfolio of applications with demonstrated knowledge of the strategic priorities;
* Utilize regional data centre and operations functions to support the integration of key priorities and understanding of application service operation management principles;
* Strategically direct a team while leading projects and initiatives related to operations and process improvements with internal staff, contractors and managed service vendors;
* Manage multiple application support areas covering a variety of applications and sourcing models;
* Interact with senior leadership and peers across the organization to impact the strategic direction of application support processes;
* Drive compliance to SLA's for application support;
* Define short and long term plans for application support based on strategic priorities;
* Perform financial management (e.g. budgeting, forecasting, operational and capital expenditure, RUN costs;
* Translate the RDC and operations plan by leading others and performing work with significant independence; and
* Support and facilitate formal and informal coaching and development activities for employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) is a global provider of auditing, accounting, and assurance services for organizations and individuals.