We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world - come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Chicago or Houston
Job overview and responsibilities
The Developer plays an important role in creating and maintaining applications that help to efficiently utilize resources at major airports across the US. This individual will also apply proven technical, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify and resolve issues.
* Develop and modify software applications/systems according to specifications
* Provide support to the software development leads (Senior Developer) during design phase
* Consult with Business Analysts and business partners on potential software solutions for business specifications
* Support and troubleshoot software systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing follow-up on all issues and solutions
* Work on one or more moderate to complex projects in parallel
* Familiarity with Java/J2EE and Spring frameworks. * Familiarity with relational database, PL/SQL and ORM technologies. * Familiarity in developing applications for Linux/UNIX platform. * Knowledge of development methodologies, software design, design patterns & integration standards. * Familiarity with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment environments. * Knowledge of software engineering best practices such as versioning and versioning control, software packaging and software release management.