First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. We offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. Founded in 1985, we believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued at First Republic.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
As a strategic, innovative team, First Republic's "Management Analytics" department works collaboratively with bankers, management, and internal departments to produce quality analytical work products and meaningful insights created in rapid engagement and completion cycles. This individual will be at the nexus of helping the bank's leadership informed decisions, service clients, and capitalize on competitive opportunities in increasingly sophisticated ways.
Common goals, uncommon potential
As a Developer, this person will work on a number of initiatives to improve and develop the analytics capabilities in all areas of the bank. This person will work on cross divisional project teams with members of EDCI (Enterprise Data & Client Insights), Enterprise Risk, Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis teams, Information Services, and Data Management teams. Possible projects include deriving customer insights through predictive modeling; addressing business needs and recommend solutions; determining the most effective means of meeting our risk, regulatory reporting and financial planning requirements; determining quantitative strategies for social media and marketing.
What you'll do as a Developer:
* The ideal candidate has a broad skillset in areas like statistics, math, computing, and quantitative modeling.
* Background or experience in finance, business analysis, or financial engineering is a plus, but not required as long as the candidate possesses a strong curiosity for and ability to quickly learn and assimilate new skills as needed.
* Candidates must have an attitude of getting things done and delivering results while keeping long terms goals and objectives in mind.
* To supplement these sophisticated analytical capabilities, candidates need to have solid business acumen and executive-level communication.
* Working with the management analytics team in assisting senior level management in a range of activities including various data analysis projects, strategic planning, data profiling initiatives, application development and vendor evaluation, Executive Management and Board of Directors Reports and presentations, and other analytics activities as needed.
* As part of a longer term team project the analyst will participate in envisioning, designing, planning, and building in-house analytics platforms and interfaces.
You could be a great fit if you have:
* A bachelor's degree and 2-5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 3 years of related work experience.
* A degree in computer science, engineering, or mathematics with a minor in economics, finance or a related field; MBA or MS degree a plus.
* A minimum 2+ years of relevant corporate work experience working on programming, data analytics, quantitative modeling.
* Banking experience is a plus but a candidate that can clearly articulate the transferability of out of industry skills will be considered.
* Ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently, both with internal and external (partner) resources.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Programming skills in prototyping languages like python.
* Statistical skills and experience with languages like R.
* Ability to work with large databases and devising queries using SQL.
* An understanding of the data used and the associated inherent issues in Commercial Banking, Retail Banking, or Asset Management would be a plus.
* Strong knowledge of and experience in executing all phases of the technology life cycle, based on proven project management and testing methodologies.
* Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
* Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.