HMS makes the healthcare system work better for everyone. We fight fraud, waste, and abuse so people have access to healthcare-now and in the future. Using innovative technology and powerful data analytics, we help government and commercial payers reduce costs, increase quality, and achieve regulatory compliance. We also help consumers take a more active role in their own health. Each year, we save our clients billions of dollars while helping people live healthier lives. At HMS, you will develop new skills and build your career in a dynamic industry while making a difference in the lives of others.
We are seeking a talented individual for a Developer Analyst II who participates in the development and implementation of business software for the enterprise including coding, testing, documentation, and implementation.
* Designs, modifies, develops, writes, and implements software programming applications.
* Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing, and certification of software.
* Works with Business Systems Analysts to ensure program meets defined requirements.
* Provides status reports to lead and management as needed.
* Performs other functions as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to apply proficient knowledge in at least one required programming language (Java, C , .Net)
* Ability to apply proficient knowledge of data base development languages (SQL92, PLSQL, DB2, Teradata, Stored Procedures)
* Ability to apply proficient knowledge of data warehousing technologies (Informatica, MicroStrategy)
* Ability to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, SQL, Visio, Java, and HTML.
* Ability to demonstrate beginner level understanding of Microsoft Project and PowerPoint.
* Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
* Ability to be careful and thorough with detail.
* Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
* Ability to analyze information and use logic to address work related issues and problems.
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
* Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
* Ability to communicate and exchange information
* Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
* Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
* Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
* May be required to work extended hours for special business needs
* May be required to travel at least 10% of time based on business needs
* Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience required
Minimum Related Work Experience:
* 3 (or Master's degree & 1 ) years related experience including experience developing and testing a production software system
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EOE including disability/veteran