University Of Washington
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here. As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a "Great College to Work For" for four consecutive years.
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering has an outstanding opportunity for a Developer. This individual is responsible for the development of serious games for the Center for Game Science research projects related to learning and scientific discovery.
* Rapidly develop prototype games and applications for evaluation of early stage brainstorming possibilities.
* Design and implement software for release that is robust, usable, and scalable. Evaluate and select appropriate technologies to support game designs at all levels, including but not limited to, networking, back-end, and user interfaces.
* Interact with game designers to implement designs. Determine the most effective methods for implementation of high-level designs.
* Work with artists to integrate art into games. Communicate technical requirements for art to be used in games.
* Consult with domain experts to ensure the validity of learning and scientific approaches used in games.
* Organize the release and distribution of games to make them available to the public. Interact with players and respond to their feedback.
* Maintain and update existing games after their release to the public.
* Gather and analyze data from games. Create visualizations to examine data. Run statistical tests.
* Assist in creation of figures, text, and videos for publications.
* Perform related duties as required, including demonstrating games to visitors.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field AND 2+ years' experience programming with object-oriented design, system architecture and design, user interface design and evaluation.
* Demonstrated ability to release quality products on schedule
* Must have excellent communication and documentation skills
* Demonstrated ability to work in an interdisciplinary team and independently
* Fast turnaround times and ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Ability to multitask and work with multiple teams simultaneously
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select "Apply to this position". Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your "My Jobs" page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, your experiences, perspectives and unique identities will be honored at the University of Washington. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
About University Of Washington
University of Washington is an educational institution that provides undergraduate, graduate, and research programs.