The Architect role is responsible for guiding on the design, development, and implementation of architectural principles. You will gain a deep understanding of the business partner's requirements for the applications/systems. These requirements will then be used to make determinations and recommendations on the technical and operational feasibility of the solutions.
While you may not be doing hands-on programming, but you may work to develop prototypes of the system design and work with database, operations, technical support, and other various technology areas throughout the development and implementation processes. You will use your knowledge and abilities as senior technical resource to provide your expertise to the team.
You will also use your strong communications skills on a regular basis. You will bridge the gap between various development teams for designing solutions and business partners to fully understand their requirements. You will be the primary liaison with vendors, consultants, and Senior Technology Managers.
* Strong knowledge across the technology stack such as web protocols, multiple operating systems, hypervisors and distributed systems architecture.
* Experience with distributed systems and cloud services, such as Azure and/or Amazon Web Services is preferred.
* Experience and exposure to Information Security principles is preferred.
* Ability to balance the pragmatic need to deliver while maintaining a high level of architectural purity.
* Strong communication skills.
* Experience designing highly-available, geographically-distributed, dynamically scalable, API-driven services.
* Mentor junior team members.
* Experience in Security Engineering, Virtualization, and Automation.
* Experience in developing automated tools or software in C++, Java, C#, Python, SQL, Hadoop and/or Ruby.
Enterprise Role Overview:
As an experienced professional, provide advice to client management with regard to moderately complex security issues. Assists in the review, development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques. Coordinates the reporting data security incidents. Provides technical support to the client and management and staff in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate data security procedures and products. Monitors existing and proposed security standard setting groups. State and Federal legislation and regulations. Identifies and escalates changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures. Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs. Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocols. Administers security policies to control access to systems and maintains the company firewall. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems. Typically 5-7 years of IT experience.
Posting Date: 06/25/2019
Location: Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135), Addison, TX, 16001 N Dallas Pkwy (TX8044), Annandale, VA, ANNANDALE BC, 7400 LITTLE RIVER TPKE, - United States
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift