MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading (GSET) has launched an initiative to become the top provider in electronic trading by building superior technology and delivering high quality products. This vision is a multi-year investment in people, platforms and products. Join the team, and participate in the development and launch of best in class products for top clients across the industry. We are looking for eager, nimble and ambitious engineers to join our growing team of visionaries, and drive Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading to achieve and exceed our goals.
This team is accountable for platform architecture evolution to meet the evolving needs of different business lines globally with rapid software deployment. As stewards of critical components in order execution and post-trade, the team is accountable for a high degree of software quality. The team consists of self-guided pragmatic individuals who are motivated to change the status quo in calculated ways.
As a member of the team, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for technology and the markets, with individuals who thrive in a fast-paced changing environment. The team takes a data driven approach to decision making and you should be willing to participate in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring trading performance for systems and strategies used by our clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Proactive management of our production services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
* Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and release reviews
* Be responsible for the successful deployment of certified code and new functionality into the production trading environment
* Practice sustainable incident management in a blameless postmortem culture; coordinate the analysis, troubleshooting and resolution of system issues
* Lead projects that continue to improve the availability, stability and performance of the system
* Facilitate communications between trading desks, strategists, and other support teams to manage unexpected or day-to-day issues
* Good understanding of Equities market rules and microstructure and be able to interact directly with exchanges and vendors to address issues
* Maintain a high quality SLA with users for the UAT environment
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
* At least 2 years of work experience in a similar role
* Solid analytical and problem solving skills with appreciation of technical risk
* Hands on experience with Unix/Linux, Python/Perl/shell scripting and SQL
* Working knowledge of Java, C++ or any other object oriented programming language
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Good understanding of the software development life cycle process
* Knowledge of network concepts, topologies, and technologies
* Experience with large-scale automated testing and releases
* Project management of tasks, issue resolution, and escalation
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Domain knowledge of Equities, Futures and/or Options trading
* Possess client-facing skills to be able to deal with and form good relationships with the business and other technology groups through day to day support and project work
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
About Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs is a multinational financial services firm providing securities, investment banking and management services.