PURPOSE of POSITION:
The DevOps Engineer, Senior is a hands-on DevOps engineering role leveraging AWS and other cloud technologies to deliver Infrastructure as Code in a mixed Linux and Windows cloud environment. The DevOps Engineer, Senior works within a Hybrid Cloud to effectively harness the power and versatility of AWS technologies in a DevOps model to achieve operational efficiencies and cost savings. The DevOps Engineer, Senior is highly proficient in using DevOps tools (Git, Jenkins, Ansible), modern scripting languages (Python with Boto3, PowerShell with AWS Tools for PowerShell) and AWS tools (AWS CLI, AWS Services) to deliver Infrastructure as Code in a mixed Linux and Windows cloud environment. The DevOps Engineer, Senior also works with and mentors peers including conducting peer reviews, evaluating implementations and providing feedback for continuous process improvements.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
70%: Design and implement AWS cloud solutions with emphasis on delivering Infrastructure as Code (IaC) in a DevOps environment.
15%: Troubleshoot and resolve issues with AWS cloud and IaC implementations.
10%: Ideate with the product owners, architecture owners, and other DevOps/Cloud engineers on new and innovative solutions and services.
5%: Provides mentoring to aide in the development and growth of team members.
Type of Credentials/Licenses: AWS Industry Certifications
Related Work Experience: 6-8 years
* Extensive hands-on AWS infrastructure experience including design, implementation, and troubleshooting across a wide range of Amazon Web Services including but not limited to EC2, EBS, S3, Lambda, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, IAM, etc.
* Strong abilities with designing and implementing IAM policies is a major plus.
* Solid understanding of core DevOps tools for Source Control (Git), Continuous Integration (Jenkins), Configuration Management and Automation (Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
* At least 2 years hands-on experience implementing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Python and Boto3.
* Proficient in automated testing of IaC and DevOps pipelines using Python, PowerShell and other tools.
* Experience using PowerShell and AWS Tools for PowerShell is a major plus.
* Proficiency using the AWS CLI.
* Automation and IaC experience with Ansible highly desired.
* Strong operational experience in Linux/Unix/Windows environment and scripting languages: Shell, Perl, Python, PowerShell.
* Experience working in a DevOps culture and integrating with Agile teams is a must.
* Strong analytical problem-solving ability.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Self-starter with the ability to work or as part of an Agile team.
SCOPE of POSITION:
* This position is an individual contributor and has no supervisory responsibilities. Provides functional expertise through day-to-day work tasks.