* Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: No
* Job ID: 19023289
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi's Institutional Clients Group(ICG) is comprised of diverse, talented professionals globally located in more than 100 countries and territories, collectively representing an unparalleled international network of financial skills and capabilities serving targeted clients. Our clients are top corporations, financial institutions and governments in countries around the world and our mission is to help them achieve their goals. We do so by providing strategic, financing and operational insights and executing tailored product/service solutions, both across our borders and domestically. The ICG responds to clients' changing needs through its long-established relationship coverage approach that provides client solutions utilizing all of Citi's relevant capabilities, including the broadest possible access to financial markets globally. No other institution can match our combination of global insights, client relationship management services, geographic reach and local and cross-border product expertise.
The ICG technology is organized into Markets and Securities Services(MSST), Treasury and Trade Solutions(TTS) , Citi Private Bank(CPB) and Information Services Group(ISG).
Trade Transaction Services (TTS) Trade Technology organization supports the Global Trade Services, Trade Finance and Supply Chain management segment of the TTS Treasury and Trade business. CITI, with the largest trade services network in the world offers a broad range of solutions that meet our global trade customer's needs. From risk mitigation to financing, settlement to information, CITI's trade experts and four, regional processing centers offer around -the-clock operations support and deliver world-class solutions to suppliers, buyers and Financial Institutions. International trade is the cross-border movement of goods and services that develop from a business transaction between a buyer in one country and a seller in another country.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Dev Ops Engineer in the Production Level 2 support team within ICG Production Support. The team leads the day-to-day availability of the applications and ensures issues or status updates are accurately communicated to business users and technology senior leaders.You will support both global and regional applications NAM, APAC and EMEA to ensure precise 24 x 7 support of our applications. In addition, they will work closely with Level 1 Support, development teams, infra teams and the Citi Private Bank business. You should be technically astute, well organized, proactive and be comfortable discussing issues with business and technical users at all levels. They also need to possess good multi-tasking skills. The support team works shifts through its team members located in North America, Asia and in Europe. This is a hand on role so strong technical skills and experience are required. An individual willing to take initiative and leadership will have the opportunity to become a lead within the team.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
* Main focus areas will include: promoting stability and quality of support services in line with our global strategy and technology management policies, as well as day to day operation and oversight for the various applications operating in the region and globally.
* Continuously identify the automation scope and implement them to bring in more efficiency.
* Work closely with development partners to prioritize the top stability issues.
* This role will attend and respond to compliance, audit or BAU production issues related to business as usual (BAU) functions.
* Analyze complex problems / situations and to propose simple solutions.
* Communicate complex technical issues to business users in a language they understand.
* Handle a workload which is subject to changing priorities and demands.
* Build and maintain a knowledge base to ensure that knowledge transfer takes place within the team.
* Promote effective knowledge management across the Global Production Support Teams.
* Help to define, record and execute application disaster recovery plans and procedures.
* Collaborate effectively with multi-functional partners, sharing information and knowledge effectively.
* Effectively communicate and be compatible with infrastructure and supporting technology groups across a distributed Unix/Linux environment to drive problem resolution and service levels.
* Work closely with 1st level support teams and work as part of the 2nd level support team to ensure team is meeting the business' requirements.
* Follow through to ensure each problem is resolved according to SLA.
* Effectively communicate issues and status updates with business users, development teams and Global Support Lead.
* Liaise with users; business sponsors; and other Application Development groups
Are you looking for a role with the potential of growth and more leadership?
Do you thrive in a highly dynamic, fast paced environment?
Are you skilled anticipating needs and comfortable communicating with users from all different levels of an organization?
If so, we highly encourage you to apply for this position if you have the below skills and qualifications:
Essential Technical Skills:
* You are comfortable working within a container environment and have demonstrated experience to back that up - 3 + years experience with AWS, Google Cloud, Open Shift, for example
* you are interested learning new technology and can demonstrate that you keep up to date with emerging technology
* Strong SQL foundation
* Demonstrated experience within production support for at least 3+ years, or experience in level II production support
* You are comfortable working within a Linux environment
* You can support applications built in Java, python or Perl
* Any RDBMS from the following: MongoDb, ORACLE, Sybase, MS SQL & DB2
Nice to have Technical Skills
* Familiarity with Autosys setup
Citigroup is a diversified financial services holding company that provides various financial products and services.