Overview of the Role:
The Field Engineer provides superior technical support in multiple patient care locations within their defined Privia market. The work is most often performed on-site, though occasional remote (telephonic, remote computer access, etc) support is necessary.
The Field Engineer must work comfortably with various applications, computers, servers, and networks. The Field Engineer is expected to improve the overall user productivity by demonstrating sound technical knowledge, above average troubleshooting skills, and the ability to deliver support within our service level commitments in a high volume, fast paced environment.
The Field Engineer will work in close coordination with the Field Engineering Team, directed by the Manager of Field Engineering. The Field Engineer plays a key role in Privia IT Operations' "Zero Call-Back" philosophy, where we strive to resolve problems quickly and correctly the first time.
Primary Job Duties:
* Respond to requests for technical assistance and inquiries utilizing our Help Desk Platform
* Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues remotely and onsite, within our service levels
* Document all correspondence, interactions and steps taken in a clear, concise manner in our Help Desk database
* Follow up with users and/or management on open issues and ensure satisfactory resolution.
* Communicate status of open issues to users
* Escalate issues as appropriate within our service levels.
* Research issues using all available resources
* Stay current with system information, changes and updates
* Share knowledge and solutions learned with team members and management through informal sessions, formal brown-bags, and written knowledge base articles (for example)
* Travel to various care centers as needed, to:
* Resolve issues which cannot be completed remotely,
* Conduct site surveys and assessments,
* Install and/or configure new and/or existing equipment, or
* Provide user training as needed
* Stage new devices as assigned
* Communicate professionally and effectively with all users via email, telephone and face to face.
* Be available to provide IT support after hours on a rotating schedule, possibly including early morning, evening, night, or weekend work
* Be respectful of provider's and staff's time
* Other duties and tasks as assigned
* Thorough knowledge of information systems, concepts and terminology
* Strong analytical ability to properly triage and resolve IT issues
* Previous Help Desk experience supporting the following:
* Windows and OS X operating systems
* General Network Support (routing rules, firewall configuration, wifi setup)
* Desktop and laptop computers
* Citrix and Terminal Servers,
* Active Directory
* Microsoft Office Products
* Multiple Nested Domains
* Strong customer service orientation and telephone skills
* Familiarity with working help desk ticket software
* Ability to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities in a fast-paced, challenging environment
* Must have ability to drive own personal vehicle to different sites; mileage will be reimbursed per Privia policy
* Must comply with HIPAA rules and regulations
Interpersonal Skills & Attributes:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills including questioning and listening ability
* Comfortable and able to communicate with all levels of personnel with various technical experience levels, including physicians, nurses, front desk, billing, and patients in a polite and accurate manner to resolve IT issues
* Ability to follow directions
* Ability to work and thrive in an active team environment
* Ability to tolerate stress and de-escalate sensitive issues
* High degree of patience and perseverance with users and their IT issues
* Enjoys helping others with their IT needs
* Strong desire to succeed
* Strong attention to detail and commitment to complete work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Privia Health is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Privia will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Privia's goal is for our people to reflect the communities that we serve and to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities in our organization.
About Privia Health
Privia Health is a national physician practice management and population health technology company.