Desktop Systems Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Belmont, CA
RingCentral, Inc., a leading provider of Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), fosters a dynamic, success-driven, and team-oriented environment committed to delivering simple and delightful products for our customers. We are looking for a candidate with an entrepreneurial spark and a passion for redefining how people communicate.
RingCentral is one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world, and is hands down the largest and fastest growing company in pure cloud business communication and collaboration space. We are committed to innovation, and we continuously out-innovate the competition. Our award winning products are recognized leaders by Gartner and other prominent analysts. Communication is at the heart of every business, and our products enable people to do the work they want on the channel of their choice whether it's voice, video, text or chat while eliminating the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications. We are relentlessly focused on user experience.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. We promote a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is looking for an enthusiastic Desktop Systems Specialist who will provide exceptional, high quality, and professional IT End User Services (EUS) support within the company. The primary responsibility is to provide implementation, maintenance, and support of IT EUS solutions specializing in taking desktop support to the next level for the company. The Desktop Systems Specialist is expected to provide, implement, maintain and support the hardware, software, operating system, and applications residing on the RingCentral IT environment with the sole purpose of ensuring that the IT environment adds value, is cost effective, reliable, updated, and available to RingCentral businesses and employees. Will be required to lead or participate in various IT projects.
* Implement IT solutions and processes working with IT Engineers, IT Specialists and relevant vendors and/or internal RingCentral departments to enhance and optimize the support provided to RingCentral personnel.
* Works pro-actively with Human Resources and internal IT teams to on-board new personnel, providing input into continuous improvement in the onboarding process.
* Provide Audio/Video conference support for onsite/offsite presentations, events, and meetings
* Provide IT support for trade shows and other marketing/sales related events
* Ensure RingCentral personnel's IT environment and configurations are maintained and updated with regards to technology and in particular security policies and company standards.
* Provide project management of implementations: defining the project, creating a project plan, develop project description, major milestones and timelines.
* Provide maintenance and improvement of IT Support services, processes and procedures.
* Provide service and/or technology leadership owning the direction and ensuring the roadmap of IT EUS service/technology.
* Provide support for IT shipping and receiving
* Maintain Assets and Asset Inventory
* Follow standard ITSM/ITIL processes and procedures
* Provide support for day to day troubleshooting of IT EUS related issues as well as move, add, change and delete requests coming through the Helpdesk ticketing system.
* Ensure there is priority and focus on support for VIPs and Executives in the company.
* Actively participate and be available for IT-related escalations as required.
* Participate in user/equipment moves, repair/maintenance/support of IT EUS hardware (printers, PC's, accessories, VOIP phones, mobile phones, A/V, etc.), software (MAC OSX, Windows 10, MS Office Suite, Virus and Spyware mitigation, RingCentral Meetings, RingCentral Glip, etc..), and applications (Office 365, Okta, Google Apps/Drive, etc..)
* Ensure standards are in place and updated for PC configuration of hardware, operating system, drivers, accessories, audio/visual equipment, telecom, VOIP, desktop and mobile phones.
* Assist users in the operations of IT EUS hardware, software, applications and services
* Maintain asset information and management of owners end user devices
* Assist in the management of vendors such as Internet Service Providers, cable and satellite TV, networking and audio/visual providers.
* Maintain confidentiality and privacy in all dealings with owners and executives.
* Ensuring timely follow up and status updates until issue is resolved
* Provide communications on all escalated issues to management and other support teams. Document progress of escalated incidents.
* May be required to be on call 24x7 to support onsite EUS IT incidents and escalations.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, CS, MIS, Business, or related field (or 4 years relevant experience)
* Experience with onsite and remote support in an enterprise corporate setting
* Experience with ITSM ticket management system
* Experience troubleshooting and supporting a mixed client computing environment of Mac, windows, iOS, Android (iPad, iOS, iPhones, MacBooks, Microsoft Windows based desktops/laptops, Android devices and related software like Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc..)
* Strong understanding with troubleshooting and problem solving IT infrastructure services (Active Directory, Networking, Servers) and Applications (Software as a Service vendors like Office 365, Google Apps/Drive, Box, Confluence, etc.) in relations to the impact on IT EUS services.
* Experience supporting audio / video technology and equipment (Projector, Conference room TV, PolyCom, Apple AirServer/AirPlay, Mixer, RingCentral Rooms, etc.)
* Experience setting up, installing, cabling, maintaining office Audio/Visual, PC Laptop and network related equipment.
* Experience using corporate MDM Mobile Device management systems to support, image, and update client laptop and mobile systems
* Must be able to lift over 50lbs, carry desktops, laptops, printers, misc. computer peripherals
* Must be capable of navigating a push cart or hand truck.
* Ability to work with little or no supervision from direct manager
* Strong sense of urgency with an attitude of never giving up until the issue is closed to the satisfaction of the customer.
* Demonstrated analytics and problem solving skills
* Excellent customer service and communications oriented skills with the ability to handle sensitive and challenging support situations with a calm and methodical approach.
* Self-motivated individual capable of working in a face-paced, dynamic environment
* Detail and results oriented; skilled at both planning and hands-on execution
* Ability to excel in a team-oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
* Strong documentation skills
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today's mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today's leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer
RingCentral is a provider of cloud computing based phone systems to help small businesses manage mobile, fax and email communications.