How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Pasadena is looking for a Desktop Systems Administrator to provide IT support in both the Windows and Linux environment with a high focus on security.
The successful candidate will be responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. IT Support staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail, phone, and in person.
The position requires an active U.S. TS/SCI with counter-intelligence polygraph security clearance
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Resolves a broad range of technical issues in support of customer computer hardware, software, and network
* Diagnoses, identifies, isolates and analyzes problems throughout the environment
* Installs and configures software
* Uses MS SCCM to centrally manage desktops systems for software deployments, patch management; Runs reports for audits and verification
* Assists in desktop configuration selection to achieve fit for purpose for end users
* Creates, maintains and deploys standard desktop images
* Performs moves, adds, changes (MAC) of computers, telecom and users
* Sets up and tests a variety of systems and hardware components/peripherals prior to field deployment and provides computer repair and test capability for all company departments
* Analyzes failed systems according to established standard operating procedures
* Performs repairs and tests of systems that can be repaired in-house
* Performs preventive and on-demand maintenance on a variety of systems
* Is responsible for ensuring customers' computer issues are resolved. May escalate issues to other service groups
* Maintains and updates records and ticket tracking databases
* Creates, updates and maintains documentation and standard operating procedures
* Participates as a member on Internal Project Teams performing a variety of computer related activities, idea sharing and problem resolution
* Provides support outside of regular duties as needed
* Alerts management to recurring incidents and patterns of problems
Education / Work Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or other related discipline with a minimum of 6 years of related experience
* DoD 8570 certification required - minimum Security+
* Windows 10
* Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager or other endpoint configuration management software
* Desktop image creation and configuration management
* Active directory and group policy management
* Hardware component troubleshooting and repair
* Solid understanding of networking principles/topologies
* Ability to troubleshoot and assist with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote) as well as Project and Visio, minimum of version 2013
* Familiarity with Linux (RHEL7+) a plus
* Ability to think creatively to troubleshoot and develop solutions
* Familiar with Microsoft roaming profiles
* Familiar with Active Directory group policies
* Ability to comfortably lift and carry up to 50+lbs
* Strong dedication to customer service and excellent verbal/written communications skills and interpersonal skills
* Experience using problem/ticket management systems
The work will be performed in Pasadena CA
This position requires a U.S. Citizen who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
CA - Pasadena
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.