Responsible for the support of end-user desktop, laptop, phone, mobile device hardware, software, and break/fix services. Troubleshoot and repair computer systems and peripheral equipment, by responding to incidents and service requests either in person, by telephone, or via remote access. Provide timely resolution of incidents or escalations on behalf of the customer, to appropriate technical staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Process level 1 team incidents and service requests
* Monitor their respective ticket queue and handle tickets to ensure incidents and service requests are addressed in a timely manner, meeting established metrics and SLAs
* Comply with standard processes and procedures
* Strong customer service focus and a desire to successfully interact with end-users and peer teams
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
* Commitment to continuous process improvement
* Interact closely with customers to understand their needs and / or requirements
* Troubleshoot and resolve tickets within SLAs), related to operations and end-user requests
* Ability to coordinate with geographically dispersed teams to achieve results
* Deployment of PCs (adds, moves, changes)
* Effectively work with PC imaging software such as Ghost and / or SCCM
* Deployment, management, and support of PCs, peripherals, and mobile devices
* Working knowledge of remote connectivity software
* Analyze, troubleshoot and repair a wide variety of PC problems related to hardware and software
* Coordinate activities with service desk, network services, or other IT teams
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
* Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
* Self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
* Ability to lift and carry computers and computer monitors up to 35 pounds
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems
* Consistently seeks to develop self and skills needed to be prepared for future opportunities
* Bachelor's Degree in an IT related discipline
* Active Directory knowledge
* CompTIA IT Certifications
* ITIL Service Management experience
* 1+ years of experience in an IT support environment
* About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.