As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
GENERAL SUMMARY / OVERVIEW:
Under the direction of the Desktop Support Manager or Desktop Support Supervisor, the Desktop Support Technician provides level 2 technical support to Partners HealthCare academic medical centers, hospitals, affiliates and medical practices, as well as, other IS Support departments for Partners HealthCare managed devices. Managed devices include, but are not limited to desktop computers, laptops, thin clients, raspberry pi, tablets, monitors, printers (network, local, label, wristband and prescription), scanners (document and barcode) and other peripheral devices.
Responsibilities include operational support for production systems, key business applications and desktop resources; the Partners eCare (PeC) environment, printer and workstation inventories and mappings; as well as, software installation, network connectivity testing, troubleshooting, hardware deployment, moves and changes and ticket documentation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides break / fix technical support for networked and stand-alone Partners managed devices to comply with established Service Level Agreement. Prioritize issues by level of urgency.
* Escalates unresolved issues to appropriate level 3 IS Support Services team.
* Carries required company equipment such as Surface Go during work day and provides real-time updates of work assignments.
* Reasonably cares for company assigned equipment and uses equipment in the manner intended.
* Collaborates with other Partners IS Support Services team(s) to triage network/computer issues.
* Provides setup and configuration of network devices using standard operating system, EPIC or Partners tools. In compliance with Partners' standards.
* Participates in the execution of large hardware deployments, moves and operating system rollouts.
* Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on desktop and laptop workstations including, re-imaging operating system, data capture and restoration, cleaning physical hardware, replacement of broken or out of warranty hardware and cable management.
* Capture primary user data stored on hard drive of managed devices using User State Migration Tool.
* Documents work performed in the work log of tickets and work order within ServiceNow or other ticket documentation application. Utilizes stored knowledge base articles to resolve issues.
* Use/s the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
* Occasional after hours and weekend work. Responsible for covering some shifts alone.
* Assumes on-call responsibilities on a scheduled rotation.
* Other duties as assigned.
* One-year experience in a Customer Service focused environment, preferably in healthcare.
* One-year experience with hands-on installation, configuration, troubleshooting and repair of workstations, laptops and printers.
* Ability to frequently lift and carry hardware and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds.
* CompTIA, Microsoft or ITIL certifications are a plus.
* Working knowledge of Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 10 operating systems.
* Skilled knowledge of HP desktops, laptops, printers and peripheral hardware components.
* Functional knowledge of supported software: Microsoft Office 2016 and 2019, Office 365, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Windows Defender, McAfee Antivirus, ForeScout Network Access Control (NAC), Microsoft Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS), USMT, SCCM and Citrix XenApp.
* Ability to perform full disk encryption using BitLocker and BitLocker key recovery.
* Strong commitment to providing superior customer service and deliver department processes and project work in a timely and accurate manner following established client and company standards.
Individual will reside at the MGH main campus and respond frequently to MGH Perioperative Services locations. Will frequently work in live OR department typically an intense, fast-paced, detail-oriented environment. Will include procedure rooms that may be in use while technician is working.
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.