We currently have a Desktop Support Technician career opportunity at our Dudley, MA location.
Essilor is an international company and the leading provider of eyeglass lenses in the world. Our mission is improving lives by improving sight, and we work every day to bring good vision to the 4.5 billion people around the globe in need of visual correction. Our products such as Varilux®, Crizal® and Transitions® are available in more than 130 countries and are worn by one billion people daily. Essilor of America and its subsidiary, Essilor Laboratories of America, Inc., employ more than 7,000 in the U.S. and own the largest and most comprehensive optical laboratory network in the U.S.
The Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for all users support services, including break-fix, desk-side support, new system installation, move/add/change and asset tracking activities. This position will provide in-depth technical hardware and software support for all desktop, laptop and mobile device platforms.
* Install, Configure and Troubleshoot End User Desktop issues.
* Deploy new PC's for End Users, including hardware, software, and imaging .
* Support software and hardware refresh/upgrade/configuration efforts - Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2016
* Plan, prioritize, organize and complete work to meet established SLA's and objectives.
* Perform Installs, Moves, Adds and Changes (IMACs) of hardware and software.
* Complete all required documentation involved in deployments to ensure accurate billing with respect to internal chargeback model.
* Provide technical support and expertise to install, maintain and ensure effective performance of hardware and software.
* Analyze technical problems and recommends and applies required solutions.
* Educate end users when installing new equipment or software
* Performs tasks to improve the efficiency, reliability, availability, and stability of the computing environment.
* Maintains documentation to ensure efficient and accurate department operations.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
* Comptia A+ Certification: (Required)
* PC Deployment: 2 years (Required)
* Microsoft Technical Associate Certification (Preferred)
* Dell EMC Support Certification (Preferred)
* Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
* Experience in LANs, WANs, Personal Computers and software delivery applications.
* Knowledge of computer security products including McAfee drive encryption.
* Excellent interpersonal skills in a customer-facing environment
* High level of technical proficiency with IT equipment is a must.
* Working knowledge in major desktop operating systems (Windows 7, 8.x, 10, OS X, iOS).
* Excellent Desktop support troubleshooting skills needed.
* Must have the ability to multitask with strong organization and time management skills.
About Essilor International
Essilor International designs, manufactures, and sells ophthalmic lenses and ophthalmic optical instruments.