CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world's largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand - "the Eye" - one of the most recognized in business. The Company's operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, local TV, film and interactive. CBS' businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Network 10 Australia, CBS Television Studios, CBS Global Distribution Group, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports Network, CBS Films, Showtime Networks, Pop, Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations and CBS Experiences.
The employee is primarily concerned with the installation, maintenance, operation, and break/fix support of the IT systems used in the day-of air production, Entertainment Tonight. This individual will report to the Director of Production Services and work with production management to install and support hardware, software, and workflow solutions that maximize the production's goals and are consistent with the technology plan and company guidelines. The employee is primarily responsible for Entertainment Tonight, but is part of the larger team that supports the systems for all other CTD productions and will work collaboratively with Corporate IT personnel for the seamless care and maintenance of all their systems. Day to day task management and direction will be provided by the Director and the Executives in Charge of the productions supported.
The employee provides telephone and desktop support to users on day to day issues involving, Mac OSX, Windows OS, anti-virus, anti-malware, and standard applications for a user base covering multiple locations. The employee is responsible for providing Level 1 & 2 hardware and software support for Mac's, desktop PC's, laptops and peripherals, including IOS and Android devices in multiple locations. The employee will be responsible for the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of various desktop hardware, software and related peripherals. Including but not limited to printers, print servers, scanners and Smart Phones (IOS & Android).
* Provides phone/in-person support for end users, which includes but is not limited to: ID administration, "how to" questions, initial issue diagnostics, troubleshooting desktop issues (and remotely resolving them) and IT request processing.
* Provides production systems support for end users and production systems, which includes but is not limited to: client facing support, hardware, software, peripheral and network troubleshooting for all end user systems.
* Provides critical production support for systems as needed which allows the productions to meet their demanding on-air requirements.
* Performs break-fix end-user desktop support to users in multiple production locations and provides telephone and desktop support for software, hardware, and various infrastructure related issues according to IS&T Services support policies.
* Ensures that all requests from user are logged and escalation procedures are followed.
* Resolve tickets within SLA
* Maintains problem status/resolution information in ticketing database.
* Installs and configures desktop computer system hardware and software (including operating system and applications software).
* Installs and configures printers and various network connected equipment.
* Participates in maintaining, testing and updating Macintosh and PC deployment images.
* Assists in the maintenance of production desktop images: work with scripts to automate redundant tasks.
* Tests and distributes security patches to clients; remediate any threats to the desktop environment (i.e. virus, spyware, malware, etc.).
* Participates in rollouts of new software/hardware to ensure consistency in IS&T technical standards.
* Performs after hours and weekend support, systems installation and maintenance as required.
* Participates in recovering assets and updating Asset Management
* Minimum two (2) years Desktop Support experience working in a corporate/startup environment
* Experience supporting end users in an entry level 1 setting
* Experience creating, documenting and closing incidents via ticketing system.
* Proficiency with Mac OSX, Windows OS (7 and 10)
* Basic understanding of Wired and Wireless Networking concepts, general trouble-shooting steps, and network tools (Ping, Pathping, Trace route, etc.)
* Strong support in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, etc).
* Strong support and understanding of Outlook/Exchange mail client.
* Understand computer imaging concepts (i.e. Ghost, Mac Disk Utility, Clonezilla etc.) and have experience creating images.
* Strong Analytical problem solving skills.
* Work well autonomously and in a team environment
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Familiar with Enterprise tools including, MDM AirWatch, LANDesk, Snow, Active Directory, JAMF, IBM Big Fix
* Familiar with Service Now ticketing system.
* Undergraduate degree in a computer science related field or equivalent work experience required.