Verizon Media Group
It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Verizon Media employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? As Verizon's media unit, our brands like Yahoo, TechCrunch and HuffPost help people stay informed and entertained, communicate and transact, while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to connect. With technologies like XR, AI, machine-learning, and 5G, we're transforming media for tomorrow, too. We're creators and coders, dreamers and doers creating what's next in content, advertising and technology.
Global Service Desk: Desktop Systems Specialist
A Little About Us
The Global Service Desk provides world-class customer service to Builders while delivering end-to-end support for all technologies including hardware, software, networking, mobile devices, A/V and more. From a Builders day one, the Global Service Desk is the friendly face of IT, playing a pivotal role within the company. The team supports a mixed environment of Mac, Windows, Virtual Machines and Linux/Fedora. We are a fast-paced team, committed to providing excellent customer experiences and delivering innovative solutions to technology problems, both big and small.
A Lot About You
You are passionate about using technology to find solutions for those around you. You thrive in an open environment where collaboration is more than encouraged. You have experience helping people and working with technology, yet still get excited by both. You're used to being part of a team, but are able to thrive on your own and take initiative. You communicate clearly, embrace accountability, are well organized, and make sure that above all else, the job gets done. What is that job? We're glad you asked…
* Support your colleagues across Verizon Media to solve their technical problems, build relationships, and make their day across a variety of platforms: Mac, Windows, A/V, mobile and networking environment.
* Troubleshoot technical issues through a variety of communication methods: live chat, phone and email.
* Communicate through a variety of methods: With your global team to deliver exemplary solutions and with the Builders you support to enable their success.
* Document as you go: Support provided in tickets, projects completed, additions to the knowledge base and changes made to your locations environment.
* Manage the logistics and maintenance of IT asset inventory, shipping and receiving for your location
* Deployment of machines (Linux, Mac)
You Must Have
* Great people skills are without question - be driven to solve user problems and make their day.
* Strong communication skills (written, verbal, pantomime, shadow puppets)
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
* Willingness to learn and improve, both yourself and your surroundings
* Mac and Windows troubleshooting experience
* Familiarity with complementary technologies: Active Directory, basic networking, mobile devices
* Ability to lift 25 lbs
* Night and weekend availability
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media Group
Verizon Media Group is a diverse house of more than 50 media and technology brands that engages more than a billion people around the world.