The Desktop Support Specialist configures new workstations and provides technical assistance for end-users in the organization's desktop computing environment. Answers questions and/or resolves computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, applications, email, and operating systems.
* User Support. Diagnoses and resolves software and hardware incidents, including operating systems, printers and a variety of software applications. Provides on-site or virtual technical support for employees at assigned locations.
* Hardware Deployment. Ensures devices for locations are procured and ready in a timely manner. Images compute, deploys phones, installs IT and application software to devices.
* Problem Resolution. Takes ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams when necessary.
* Inventory Management. Maintains hardware and software inventory at assigned locations.
* Contribute to IT process improvement initiatives. Continually evaluates procedures and documentation to ensure accuracy. Participates in IT projects as requested.
* Team Player. Assists all users with any IT related incident when called upon. This may include infrastructure, security and network issues.
* Customer Service. Maintains a first class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are responded to and problems are addressed in a timely, efficient and professional manner. Assists the Help Desk when needed and in times of high call volume.
* Other Duties. As assigned.
* High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Information Technology or other computer related field strongly preferred.
* 4+ years of experience in IT technical support required. IT degree or certifications will be considered in lieu of some required experience, evaluated on a case-by-case base. Previous experience in desktop support and/or banking or financial services industry strongly preferred.
* Familiarity with the use and operation of IT Service Management tools (i.e. KACE, Remedy, ServiceNow, etc.).
* Must have working knowledge of and experience with current Microsoft Windows and Office products.
* Ability to learn and retain knowledge of various systems, tools, and applications.
* Very good analytical and trouble shooting skills with strong attention to detail.
* Must have the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a professional and mature demeanor.
* Ability to prioritize issues and work with minimal supervision.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of company employees.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to perform heavy lifting up to 50 pounds
* Up to 20% travel may be required with short notice.
* Ability to maintain a good driving record*
* Valid State Driver's License*
About the Company
With $13.5 billion in assets and $1.9 billion in common equity as of September 30, 2017, Hilltop Holdings Inc. (NYSE:HTH) is a Texas-based diversified financial holding company specializing in banking, mortgage origination, financial advisory and insurance through its wholly owned subsidiaries, PlainsCapital Bank, PrimeLending, HilltopSecurities and National Lloyds. PlainsCapital Bank is the 6th largest Texas-based bank by deposits. PrimeLending is a mortgage originator ranked 6th in the U.S. for purchase units in 2015. On Jan. 1, 2015 Hilltop announced that it had completed its acquisition of Dallas-based SWS. SWS's broker-dealer subsidiaries, Southwest Securities, Inc. and SWS Financial Services, Inc., became subsidiaries of HilltopSecurities. Hilltop also includes National Lloyds, a niche property and casualty underwriter providing homeowners insurance for low value dwellings. With origins dating back to 1948, National Lloyds has an established Texas presence and is based in Dallas, TX. The Hilltop Holdings family of companies employs approximately 5,500 people in approximately 475 locations in 44 states and the District of Columbia.