Who we are
We're The Beck Group, the largest and most innovative integrated building firm in the country. We are focused on delivering design and construction excellence on a broad range of project types. Headquartered in the Arts District in downtown Dallas, with offices in Atlanta, Austin, Denver, Fort Worth, Mexico City, and Tampa, we believe a better process and outcome results from working together. At Beck, you will find yourself surrounded by passionate colleagues who have a collaborative mindset and care about each other. We are committed to hiring the best and brightest, and that's why we are seeking a Desktop Support Specialist like you to help continue building Beck's respected reputation.
What you bring to the table
The Beck Group has an immediate need for Desktop Support Specialist to join the technology team in our Dallas Corporate Office. The Desktop Support Specialist is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests. The role of the Desktop Support Specialist is responsible for maintaining computing and printing environments by providing onsite and remote hardware and software system support. The Desktop Support Specialist is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. This individual will provide hardware diagnostics and repair on laptops, printers and server equipment for field sites/offices. Some travel is required. IT Support staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail, phone, in person and self-service.
The position involves the following essential functions:
* Assists field personnel with technical issues related to, but not limited to, field sites/offices
* Installs, supports and maintains operating systems and applications for Windows, OSX, iOS, and Android platforms, both locally and remotely, including engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance, research and development to ensure continual innovation.
* Handles network configurations, and determines hardware or software requirements related to field sites
* Diagnoses hardware and software issues across a wide range of software applications and replace defective components
* Coordinates and collaborates with IT staff on projects, tasks and day-to-day activities
* Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
* Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures
* To assist all our users with any logged IT related incident
* To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system
* Maintain excellent verbal and written communication skills effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization
* Maintain a World Class level of customer service, ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner
* Exhibit a flexible approach while maintaining a highly motivated team player and the ability to manage changing priorities
* Create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation to assist all users in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests, enabling them to become more self-efficient
* Taking on other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility
* At least 1-3 years of previous experience of hands-on support.
* Excellent communication and customer service skills a must.
* In-depth knowledge required: PC desktop and laptop hardware and support, Windows 7, 10 and Mac OS, Office 2016 suite. Must be able to prioritize.
* Strong troubleshooting skills required.
* Ability to learn new software and systems rapidly a must.
* Prior experience in supporting software and Windows-based hardware.
* Prior experience dealing with architect programs in the Autodesk suite is a plus.
* Desire to continue education through trade shows, seminars, special courses, etc. Must have a solid working knowledge of Microsoft products and networks. Works well autonomously and in a team-oriented environment.
* Strong ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with other departments.
* Good attention to detail and the ability to show initiative.
* Ability to plan and prioritize workload with little or no supervision. Ability to prioritize, manage and perform under pressure to meet SLA's.
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
Minimal travel - travel to regional offices and/or project sites required
Frequently required to sit, stand, and move about the office; frequently operates a computer and other office productivity equipment; constantly communicates with Beck employees, and external vendors/consultants; ability to adhere to timely and consistent attendance.
Join our team and build your future with Beck.
The Beck Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.