At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you'll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients' needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We're proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
The IT Service Desk intern will provide moderately complex support and rapid resolutions to end users at Optiv for IT issues and update requests via helpdesk. The IT Service Desk intern will be required to address issues that are escalated due to complexity as well as provide informal, on the spot training on the use of PCs, operating systems and applications as well as configure end-user PCs.
How you'll make an impact:
* Addresses any break fixes
* Interacts with end users
* Exposure to IT ticketing system
* Images systems using SCCM and JAMF
* Receives systems and peripherals for asset tagging
* Works with Asset Management team to ensure consistent stock of laptops and accessories
* Works with vendors for physical repairs on both in and out-of-warranty machines
Qualifications for success:
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Excellent Customer Service skills required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
* Outstanding time management and organizational skills required.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and short correspondence. Ability to communicate comprehensively via both written and oral.
* Basic understanding of and comfort using modern technology. Ability to adapt to changes in technology as needed.
* Ability to apply commonsense understanding (understanding that a reasonable person would have) to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Regular office environment with exposure to moderate noise.
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* Ability to input data into computer utilizing hands to finger to tab to different fields to input data.
* Ability to answer telephone and talk and hear other party.
* Ability to view computer screen, Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Why you'll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! Optiv's mission is to deliver comprehensive, integrated cybersecurity programs in order to optimize customer security programs to be more effective, efficient, manageable and measurable. Our aim is to become the world's largest cybersecurity solutions integrator by leveraging our expertise in security technology, market leading services, and innovative approaches. We have served more than 12,000 clients of various sizes across multiple industries, we offer an extensive geographic footprint, and have premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security product manufacturers. Optiv is a privately-held company backed by KKR, a leading global private equity firm.
With Optiv you can expect:
* Entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
* Competitive total rewards program
* Professional training opportunities
* Engaging and fun culture
* Opportunity to work with industry leading, talented peers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. https://www.optiv.com/careers/job-listings
Optiv provides cyber security and information security services.