The Desktop Support II is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of Desktop systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. This Desktop Support Technician II participates in technical support issues that come through the desktop support ticketing system. In addition, this person will troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve a variety of OS, software, hardware, and network related issues. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards and SOX compliance. This individual will assist Systems Administrator with related duties as needed.
* Must work well with others and have a can do attitude with all those they work with.
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, college degree in CS (or similar) would be preferred though not required
* 2-3 years' experience with Desktop Support
* Must possess strong troubleshooting skills
* Proficient with TCP/IP protocol
* Must be highly motivated and self-driven
* Critical thinking skills are a must have
* Must foster a continuous improvement environment where ideas are shared and implemented
* Positive, can-do attitude
* Able to produce a high standard deliverable while under time constraint pressure
* Must be able to communicate effectively in person, on the phone, and via email
* Advanced knowledge of helpdesk ticketing systems
* Advanced knowledge of computer hardware, and software
* Advanced Knowledge of both Windows and Mac desktop OS.
* Understanding of Windows Active Directory, OU, Groups, File Sharing, GPO, etc…
* Understanding of DNS, DHCP, NTP.
* Knowledge of Office 365 and Exchange.
* Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
* Troubleshooting network printers and desktop printers.
* Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks in a timely fashion
* Ability to work both independently and as a team
* Must be able to work after hours and on weekends as needed
* Ability to lift and carry 50lbs or more
* Ability and willingness to learn new skills on a regular basis
* High ethical standards and personal qualities
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
* Good documentation skills and solid written grammar
* Able to accurately follow written technical work instructions
* Researches and explores answers and alternative solutions
* Manage Mobile devices and carrier accounts.
* Understanding of SharePoint
* Understanding of PowerShell
* Experience and understanding of Cisco VOIP