Waystar modernizes the healthcare revenue cycle through innovative, cloud-based technology. We provide the highest-rated client experience to more than 450,000 providers, 22,000 healthcare organizations and 750 health systems and hospitals around the country. Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
What is the purpose of this position?
Right now, we are looking for an outstanding, brilliant, and driven Desktop Support Engineer to join our team. The Desktop Support Engineer is responsible for end user hardware and software deployment, support, and retirement, including phone support via the team's call center, and field support at all company locations. Additional responsibilities include the planning, configuration, deployment, maintenance, support, training on, and retirement of hardware and software assets; maintenance of required assets and chain of custody documentation; support of the company's Technology Service Management system; adherence to defined SLAs; and execution of exceptional support and customer service.
Looking for some details?
* Provides Tier 1 and Tier 2 end user hardware and software support in the Technology call center and in field locations as required
* Procures, deploys, configures, and supports end user software, hardware, phones, and mobile devices
* Maintains Asset Management and chain of custody documentation for company-owned devices
* Maintains Asset Management information and licensing compliance for deployed software
* Supports the company's audio-visual conferencing systems
* Manages the technical aspects of team member onboarding and termination
* Gears team members' physical office space with the technology required for occupancy
* Configures print queues on the print server infrastructure and installs on end user devices
* Conducts and/or monitors the team's recurring tasks and maintenance checklists
* Identifies trends in support issues and system failures, and proposes solutions
* Maintains both personal and team-wide workspaces to ensure efficient performance and a positive environment
* Participates in the team's weekly 24x7 on-call rotation
* Coordinates troubleshooting, escalation, and communication regarding system outages and user issues
* Works with the Manager to provide input on yearly goal planning, budget planning, and opportunities for growth
* Executes mid-level projects, involving Desktop Support Engineers
* Acts as a resource for ongoing projects that require support from the Technical Services Engineering team
* Additional duties as assigned
Do you fit our team?
* Strong understanding of Technology support operations
* Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent analytical and troubleshooting capabilities
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks without direct supervision
* Ability to execute mid-level projects and deployments with minimal supervision
* Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
* 2+ years of related work experience
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.