Desktop Support Analyst
OFFHR - OFFICE HOURLY
REG - REGULAR FULL TIME
Description and Requirements
Help us help our customers realize their dreams of a beautiful home!
Join The #1 Furniture Company-Join The #1 Furniture Brand
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of the industry's broadest product assortments to retail partners in 123 countries.
Design, Build, Deliver:
Using our internationally acclaimed in-house design team, we create the look without paying expensive design fees. Then, by adhering to some of the most efficient production standards in the world, we can maximize productivity and minimize waste, generating additional savings for you. Finally, all orders are filled from strategically located regional warehouses and are serviced by our own fleet of trucks, the largest in the industry.
The Desktop Support Analyst is responsible for all in-house repairs of laptop and desktop computers, servicing equipment and imaging and inventory. This position will receive, prioritize, document and actively resolve end-user help tickets as well as troubleshoot Microsoft Desktop Operating System and application issues. The Desktop Support Analyst will adhere to the company computer security policy, software standards, and other company and departmental policies and processes.
Primary Job Functions:
* Perform tasks such as installation of images, data migration, troubleshooting general office productivity applications, applying securing configurations and custom application support. Install, test and promote software and hardware components to completion.
* Assist other IT Specialists, IT Management and users in the resolution of problems related to the correct operations of the desktop environment.
* Escalate problems, when required, to the appropriately experienced technician.
* Demonstrate the core values of People, Service Excellence, Trustworthiness, Process Simplicity, and Product Value.
* Cordially and professionally interact with customers, vendors, superiors, peers, and others.
* Monitor and track IT assets, inventory and warranty periods of machines.
* Demonstrate the Company's Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
* Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience, Required
* 1 year experience providing technical support, Required
Licenses or Certifications:
* A+ Certification, or ability to obtain within 6 months, Required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Experience supporting PCs running Windows Operating Systems including repairs
* Experience diagnosing various hardware, peripherals and software problems and PC and Mac computers
* Experience working with wired and wireless network attached devices
* Knowledge of basic computer hardware
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
* Strong documentation skills
* Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows Operating Systems
* Strong application support experience
* Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
* Effective time management and organizational skills
* Work independently as well as in a team environment
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Maintain confidentiality
* Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
* Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
* Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
* Display empathy, understanding, and patience with employees and external customers
* Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc., is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity unless an agreement is in place. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ashley Furniture via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ashley Furniture. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ashley Furniture as a result of the referral or through other means.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.