JBG SMITH Companies is seeking a Desktop Support Analyst with a can-do attitude and initiative, who can provide professional customer service to all our employees. The ideal candidate will provide superior technical assistance to JBG SMITH end users by supporting all IT deployed software and hardware, with the ability to show confidence, patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy, when dealing with difficult situations.
Strong communication skills and attention to detail are important as the JBG SMITH user base demands a high-quality result. Ideally you are someone with a technology background who likes exploring and learning about new technologies on a daily basis.
Your Next Challenge:
Take a vital role in assisting the Service Desk team provide high quality support to our user community.
Support and perform maintenance on the end-user computer environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting JBG SMITH's internal IT Service Desk operations. Support and administer JBG SMITH's PCs, printers, phones, conference rooms, and related equipment. Tasks include end user support of applications and hardware, performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations.
As part of your daily responsibilities, you will be required to work both in-person and over the phone with JBG SMITH end-users. The ability to shift gears and work on multiple technologies on a daily basis will be critical to your success, as will the ability to work successfully with non-technical users.
* Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the Service Desk ticket system
* Prioritize tickets based on need and criticality
* Escalate tickets into problems with the network engineers when broad user groups are affected
* Work with end user software applications and provide assistance in configuration and use
* Assist with on-boarding and orientation of new users
* Document end-user process and procedure
* Create visual documentation and walk-throughs for end-user self service
* Setup, configure and maintain operation of all end-user IT equipment, including printers, computers, AV equipment, peripheral devices, mobile devices and tablets
* Maintain inventory and working logs for routine maintenance
* Troubleshoot and repair (or arrange for repair) of desktop computers and laptops
* Work hands-on with A/V and conference room equipment
* Image and re-image workstations as needed
* Must possess solid verbal, written and interpersonal skills
* Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 desktop operating systems
* Microsoft Office 2016 suite and Office 365
* Mobile devices/tablets (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile)
* Basic wired and wireless networking concepts and Windows networking
* Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and related network services (i.e. DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc.)
* Knowledge of Active Directory concepts and administration
* Basic internet and email concepts (HTTP, SMTP, SSL) troubleshooting
* Microsoft Desktop Deployment Tools
* Ability to recognize, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner using industry best practices and procedures
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* Availability to work on call every 3rd weekend
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills:
* SCCM software deployment and application catalog
* Service-Now Experience
* Mac OSX knowledge
* Windows Server 2008R2/2012/2012R2 experience
* Industry certifications such as MCTS/MCP/A+/N+/Sec+/ITIL/HDI
* Bachelor's degree or comparable relevant work of experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
There is potential for local DC/Metropolitan area travel for this role. The successful candidate should be able to travel up to 75% to different sites and property locations. The candidate's ability to get to and from the properties will be at sole discretion of the candidate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required throughout the day to sit for periods of time, use hands and fingers to handle and feel, and talk or hear in response to end-user inquiries. Daily requirements include the ability to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl required to lift between 10 and 25 pounds. Occasionally, the employee will be required to lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision requirements for the job include close vision (at 20 inches or less) and color vision.
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.