Ropes & Gray
This is a mid-level position within the IT department, responsible for assisting with the design, maintenance, troubleshooting, and management of desktop systems. This would include desktop management systems, application distribution systems and methodologies, specification and testing of workstation equipment, development of workstation/laptop client processes and procedures, and management of application upgrades and installations.
* Responsible for assisting with the design, installation, and management of the desktop management systems.
* The position is expected to stay current on all desktop related security issues, trends, and best practices including relevant security bulletins and current events.
* Testing, review and deployment of desktop security patches, virus definitions, and other security related updates
* Handling and closure of call incidents that are escalated through to advanced team members
* Research and vendor relations relating to initial engagement, testing, and assessment of applications. Work with vendors to resolve application or platform problems.
* Test and distribute new or upgraded applications and operating systems.
* Configure and test workstations, laptops, and any necessary peripherals.
* Support and train department staff.
* Develop and document best practices, processes, and procedures related to all aspects of desktop environment, software distribution, and desktop management.
* Work with other teams to support projects and initiatives.
* Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* 5-7 years experience in desktop field
* Strong working knowledge of enterprise class security protection platforms
* Strong working knowledge of software and image distribution tools such as Microsoft SCCM 2016 and Altiris management platforms
* Understanding of scripting and other automation methods
* Proficient in Microsoft Windows as a Service operating systems
* Understanding of the desktop's role in an enterprise networked environment
* Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong customer service skills
* Strong leadership skills
* Must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's internal and personnel affairs.
* Ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
* Must be a self-starter who understands the details within a much larger content.
* Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment
* Ability to work in a teamwork/collaborative style and environment.
* Must be creative and flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple, detailed tasks.
* Must be a team-oriented person who can share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with the appropriate parties.
* Ability to organize, plan and carry out multiple related activities.
* Must pay attention to details and have the ability to follow up and follow through.
* Ability to work effectively in a multi-office environment.
Normal office environment. Incumbent is expected to work the hours necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
About Ropes & Gray
Ropes and Gray is an international law firm offering a diverse range of consultancy services for legal and business needs.