Rust Oleum Corporation
Summary: Provides systems and hardware support as a member of the client services group (help desk), and work on occasional projects as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* The desktop engineer is responsible for designing a standardized end-point solution for our corporate users. Job duties include custom OS image creation using SCCM, packaging of business line of applications to support Windows 10, support enterprise rollout of security and productivity software automation using SCCM and GPOs, hardware platform evaluation and configuration.
* Responsible for computer, network and software related support and problem analysis including maintenance and support of system hardware or software. Monitor application health, including production and ancillary systems on server and non-server based systems.
* Resolution, ownership and escalation of associated application issues.
* Keep up to date on current technology trends and learn how those technologies would impact Rust-Oleum. Implement such technologies to improve business processes.
* Identify user needs and act as customer advocate to ensure the desktop maintains high performance and ease of use.
* Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
* Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
* Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
* Manage and deploy software, security updates, and operating systems.
* The candidate will work closely with management and client services team to gather the business needs, design, build and test the enterprise image and packages for production deployment. This person will handle any end-point escalation tickets.
* Industry best practice knowledge of Windows image setup, sysprep, automation and deployment
* Experience with end point security best practices
* Ability to troubleshoot advanced Windows problems in the desktop environment
* Ability to multi-task with solid analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent time-management skills and commitment to follow through on trouble issues to successful, verified resolution
* Proven understanding of automation scripting using Powershell in Windows. Ability to write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower intervention time on any tasks.
* Creative and innovative thinker with the ability to provide solutions to complex problems
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to write concise and detailed documentation. Strong customer service focus and excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to organize priorities and act with a sense of urgency when needed
* Positive and professional attitude
* Service desk phone support experience
* Leverage Cherwell Service Desk system to address and manage incoming tickets
* User administration within Active Directory
* Design, implement and provide ongoing support of the Windows desktop infrastructure. Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, applications and system management tools
* 7+ years of experience
* 4-5 years experience in an IT department performing system support activities for local and remote users.
* Strong skills with Microsoft desktop products, HP Desktop Hardware, MS Office Suite, systems support, installation and configuration of hardware, OS and software at the desktop and server level including performance, security and troubleshooting.
* Good practical and theoretical understanding and working knowledge of networking hardware and protocols, switches and cabling.
* Excellent customer focus, excellent communicator and an ability to explain complex technologies to non- technical people. Innate curiosity and attention to detail. Positive attitude, good people skills, and a drive for customer satisfaction.
* Excellent research and communication skills.
* Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
* Ability to lift and carry heavy objects, basic tool use.
About Rust Oleum Corporation
Rustoleum provides products of superior weather resistance and repellency ultimate water protecting.