ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Desktop Engineer and Installation Technician located in Washington, DC. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense.
Desktop Engineer and Installation Technician
This position is located in Washington, DC at the Department of Transportation (DOT) Headquarters' Building and is assigned to provide the below described services in support of the Desktop Engineering team and Technical Refresh efforts. The candidate will be assigned to the Tier2 Desktop Engineering and/or IMAC (Install, Moves, Adds, Changes) team and serve as a Desktop Engineer focusing on supporting customer requests and on the requests for technology refresh (replacement and upgrade of current desktops or laptops). The work is performed in a Microsoft Windows environment. Refresh activities are performed in a "Refresh Hub", which allows the team to more efficiently perform upgrades, also requires that the team receive and deploy customer equipment through increased communication and follow-up to ensure all customers are aware of their schedule and aware of Refresh progress. Desktop Engineering/Customer support activities are performed within the DOT Headquarters building in Washington, DC. There are approximately 12,000 users in the building and support will range from simple to complex system issues and may include VIP support requirements.
The successful candidate will possess exceptional communication skills, and possess the ability to meet aggressive timelines in a very fast-paced environment. Must have strong customer service skills and be able to multitask between hardware and software solutions. We are looking for exceptional organization skills, scheduling and the ability to document processes. Strong skills with imaging machines and troubleshooting during the image process are a plus.
The team member will perform some or all of the following:
* Customer service and interaction
* Advanced troubleshooting and resolution
* Imaging new machines
* Remedy data entry (Asset Module, Incident Management module)
* Deployment of new machines
* New software installation
* Customer service and communication skills
* Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 7, 10 (mid-level)
* Installation and configuration of new machines in a Windows environment (mid-level)
* Smart cards / PIV cards (general knowledge)
* Experience with Office 365, VPN, Active Directory, Thin Client
* Provide Remote Tool Support
* Conference Room / VTC Setups
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* BMC Remedy, Asset and Incident Module (user-based knowledge)
* MAC Troubleshooting
Certifications Preferred: *
* HDI Desktop Support
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.