Deskside Technician I (Temporary)
Robert Half is seeking a Deskside Technician I who will provide support for corporate users. They install, repair, and perform preventive maintenance on, and supply, and inventory personal computers and related equipment. They work with technical support and other IT teams to detect and rectify system performance problems that affect the productivity of corporate users. Typically, they identify areas for improvement and coordinate the deployment of technology solutions. In some locations, they may be responsible for modifying, repairing, and conducting preventative maintenance on other IT equipment and related systems. They may set up, coordinate, and monitor the operation of IT equipment associated with a data center. They perform other troubleshooting activities as required.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Install, upgrade, and support Robert Half Windows PCs and laptops using approved applications and corporate scripts.
* Provide basic software support for Microsoft Office suite.
* Provide installation and troubleshooting documentation.
* Use ticketing system to respond to technical support issues and logs information regarding requests and support activities that have minimal customer interaction. For example: wiping/re-imaging equipment to prep for inventory, hot swaps/repairs, phone deployments, pickup of equipment from termination requests, keyboard/mouse replacement.
* Contact vendors to request warranty service for supported equipment i.e., monitors, PCs, laptops.
* High School diploma.
* A+ and/or CNA certification desired.
* 0+ years' of recent experience supporting windows and Mac OS based PC's.
At Robert Half, there's more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it's like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California corporate office. We are Robert Half - Take a look!
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half's corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
* The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
* The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to: Corporate Staffing Robert Half 2613 Camino Ramon San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA PLEASANTON STONERIDGE BLDG
About Robert Half
Robert Half provides skilled professionals in the fields of accounting and finance, technology, legal, creative, marketing, and administration.