United States of America - Washington, D.C., Washington, D.C.
AECOM has an immediate opportunity for a Junior Level Desk Side Engineer to support a government agency's capabilities in Washington, D.C (Union Station / Red Line).
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
* Installing and supporting PCs, laptops, printers, peripherals, and connected equipment in an IT Enterprise environment comprising 6,000 - 8,000 users.
* Providing end-user software and hardware troubleshooting and support in-person or over the phone
* Applying basic diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
* Applying a thorough knowledge of network configuration and troubleshooting techniques such as TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP and DNS within Windows- 7 operating system and Windows 10 and MACs to resolve customer workstation issues.
* Applying basic troubleshooting skills to identify and resolve network printing issues and protocols issues related to network printing in windows 7 & 10 print server environment to include multi-function printers using Web Jetadmin
* Troubleshooting Apple MAC computers.
* Imaging workstations while safeguarding customer files and profiles; also testing laptop and desktop computers.
* Upgrading end user computer systems ensuring no data loss.
* Supporting Microsoft software packages to include Microsoft Office 2010, and other commonly used desktop related applications.
* Work independently in a customer environment.
* Engaging engineers from multiple teams.
Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience providing desk side support, acting as specializing in troubleshooting complex and advanced end-user issues with hardware and software. Must have a broad base of knowledge and be fluent in multiple IT disciplines such as computing and networking.
May be required to work evenings and weekends. Participation in a 24x7 on call rotation may be required. May be required to travel to SEC locations and data centers (<10% travel required)
Candidates must be U.S. Citizen or have legal right to work in the USA without sponsorship (Agency check will be required for this position).
* Previous Deskside support experience.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Information Technology
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 212533BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
AECOM is an engineering company that provides design, consulting, construction, and management services to governments, businesses, and organizations.