As a Gensler architectural Senior Technical Designer, you will create and develop overall design concepts, formulate design presentation strategies, and provide creative process leadership to multiple design teams through all phases of projects. You are a natural leader who enjoys guiding our clients, presenting complex design concepts, and working with senior leaders on business development. You will be successful because you have exceptional design skills, a proven track record of leading architectural projects, and enjoy mentoring and developing architectural design teams.
What You Will Do
* Develop all phases of projects, including programming, consulting, strategy, conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production
* Ensure client satisfaction through ongoing communication, interaction and guidance; represent Gensler at client meetings and presentations; communicate complex design concepts
* Lead, develop, and mentor architectural design teams
* Collaborate with colleagues and leaders on business development
* Bachelor's degree in interior design, architecture, or foreign equivalent; Master's degree preferred
* 15+ years of related project experience, with a track record of successfully leading projects of varying scale
* Experience creating and developing overall design concepts and formulating design presentation strategies that incorporate an understanding of sector trends
* Proficiency in modeling using 2D/3D software, such as CAD, Revit, Octane, 3dViz, 3ds Max, and/or Rhino utilizing V-Ray
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and/or SketchUp
* LEED accreditation a plus
* International design experience a plus
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to "Well-being Week," our offices reflect our teams' diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.