Are you interested in working on user experiences that define the next generation of human-computer interaction? Do you have a desire to create designs allowing millions of people to experience content in a more natural way? If so, the Experience Collective in Office is looking for a designer to help reimagine our experiences across a wide range of devices and input methods. You'll be at the forefront of design activities by defining how people interact, create and consume content for Office in this new world.
* A BA/BS or higher degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, or field related degree.
* Possess deep knowledge and application of user-centered philosophies and interaction design best practices
* 4+ years (post education) related UX design experience in product, company or agency.
* Strong command of visual design capabilities, including composition, layout information hierarchy, typography, color, animation and motion.
* Proven experience and solid working knowledge of information architecture, task-flow models, state-transition diagrams, storyboarding, wire framing, creating design specifications and guidelines.
* Must be fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite. Familiarity with Abstract, Sketch, Figma are a plus.
* Ability to create and assess design solutions based on user goals and key scenarios.
* Attention to detail, problem solving, creative, and communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively cross functionally with other teams (Engineering, Research, Program Management & Marketing)
* Can create/ prototype design stories that articulate the desired user experience to the project team and stakeholders.
* Strong collaboration influencing skills with proven ability to lead and inspire.
* Self-motivated, directed, and independent
* Have a passion for quality, innovation, and world-class design.
* Offer active thought leadership in User Experience issues and trends.
* Ability to work through ambiguity and multiple priorities
* Rapidly iterate, creating multiple design solutions.
A portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity and proven experience in telling stories, building UI models, generating detailed wire frames, developing prototypes and delivering comprehensive specifications. Please indicate your specific roles and contributions for each project submitted as part of the portfolio.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
You'll create a cohesive brand and visual language across our apps in order to deliver high-quality, compelling experiences that our customers will love. In this role you'll engage in cross-team collaboration with the best of user research, visual and interaction design, program management and engineering from conceptual design through implementation and release. This is an opportunity to empower people to do more, know more and be more. Join a team that's creating the future of productivity and improving the lives of hundreds of millions of people at home and at work!
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.