The Design Studio - Microsoft Gaming is a leader in gaming and entertainment experiences for customers worldwide. We design for gamers of all types across Console, PC, Web, Mobile, and beyond. Most importantly, we design for fun.
We are looking for a User Experience Designer 2 to join our Gaming Storefronts design team. This team is focused on gaming's unique digital store and monetization experiences, partnering with the Monetization team. These experiences should express profoundly user-focused design and exude quality and craftsmanship. Expectations for store-related experiences vary across gaming, and this role will help bring design consistency while answering the bespoke needs of assorted gaming storefronts. Games are enjoyed by everyone, and this team will deliver a contemporary, contextual viewpoint of experiences relating to stores.
Together with our team of Visual Design, Motion Design, Interaction Design, Game Design, and UX Engineering, you will help us think visually and craft artifacts that delight and engage our users. You are a starter and a finisher - someone who can inspire with concepts and can shepherd a design to ship. Above all, you have craft, whether through pixels or code, you can bring an experience to life that communicates and demonstrates the product. We are a design team with great passion for gaming and for gamers - join us and help shape the future of Gaming at Microsoft.
* 7+ years of designing for software development
* Deep understanding of interaction design principles and process (conceptual modeling, heuristics, patterns, usability, etc.)
* Deep understanding of visual design principles and process (typography, iconography, composition, color, layout, etc.)
* Ability to quickly produce elegant and easily understood diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, interaction guidelines, and other related artifacts
* Experience with and understanding of a variety of design, project management, and development processes and methodologies including agile development
* Demonstrable ability to work confidently with Program Management, Development, Product Planning, Brand, Marketing, and User Research
* Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and organizational skills
* Expertise with Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, and related tools
* Experience with prototyping tools (Invision, Flinto, Framer, Processing, Unity, etc.)
* A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Interface Design, Human-Computer-Interaction, or equivalent experience
Portfolio Review Required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Drive product experience for gaming-related storefronts
* Collaborate with monetization, brand, marketing, and development
* Ship designs for software development on time and at high quality
* Create scenarios, flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, UI pattern libraries, interaction guidelines and other artifacts to evolve the user experience
* Work with fellow Designers, Program Managers, and Developers to solve problems and enhance the overall user experience
* Participate in and leading brainstorming and work sessions
* Demonstrate design concepts and strategy through prototyping
* Build consensus around design direction
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.