What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD is looking for talented, detail-oriented and motivated engineering students with a passion for computer architecture who are interested in a co-op opportunity in functional verification of x86 microprocessor cores. You will have the opportunity to learn about some of the industry's cutting edge micro-architectural designs while you work on verification plans for new design features and architectural enhancements. Your contributions will impact products that span the global x86 market from server, to desktop and laptop designs.
Specific Job Functions:
* Defining and implementing test plans including stimulus, checking and functional coverage plans.
* Developing tests and stimulus in x86 assembly
* Debugging regression fails and fixing verification issues or working with designers to fix design bugs
* Analyzing functional coverage and closing holes
* Assist with silicon observations often requiring replication of behaviors in simulation to root cause
* Strong knowledge of microprocessor architecture
* Coding in x86 Assembly language.
* Scripting with Perl or equivalent languages.
* Object Oriented Programming with System Verilog, UVM, and C/C++
* Simulation and debug with a Verilog based functional simulator.
* Coursework or projects involving verification of a student architected design problem.
* Coursework or projects involving software design and unit and integration testing.
* Working experience in UNIX software environment.
* Coursework or project involving System Verilog UVM test bench development a plus.
* Pursuing Bachelor or Masters of Science in EE, CE, or CS. Industry related experience a plus.
Requisition Number: 73275
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Student/Intern/Temp
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics units, processors, and media solutions.