Are you a passionate and highly skilled prototyper of new design concepts? Do you like working closely with customers and delighting them with amazing user experiences?
If you answered yes, then we're looking for you.
Amazon Browse is responsible for creating the categories and filters that customers use to navigate the billions of products on Amazon.com. To fulfill that mission, we are building a set of best-in-class user interfaces for information science and product knowledge management. We are seeking a Design Technologist to provide creative and technical expertise within the Browse Experience team, which builds solutions for experts in information science (Taxonomists) and product merchandising to manipulate the knowledge graph that organizes the products on the website. We have autonomy on our tech stack, which has allowed us to quickly adopt new industry trends, such as React, Redux, Sass, and GraphQL, and gives us the flexibility to experiment with cutting edge web technologies as they arise.
As a Design Technologist on the Browse Experience team, you will work backwards from the Amazon customer to prototype elegant solutions to address the unique challenges related to global, online product discovery. You will be expected to build prototypes from scratch, as well as refine and reinvent those prototypes until proven successful through rigorous customer research. You will work collaboratively with engineers, product management, and other designers to build and refine your concepts. Your designs will form the basis for an evolving design system that will drive UX best practices across the larger organization. You will have the opportunity to propose and prototype new customer-facing experiences using Browse's wealth of product knowledge and expertise in information science.
* Lead the development of innovative designs to solve a wide variety of user experience challenges.
* Actively participate in concept development as part of a small team responsible for foundational tools for product knowledge management.
* Propose and lead the interaction design for new customer-facing experiences using the extensive product knowledge in Amazon's catalog.
* Rapidly build and iterate on prototypes of varying fidelity, that express design intent, using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task.
* Develop functional prototypes to demonstrate concepts to business partners, software development teams, and senior leadership.
* Lead small UX research sessions with internal users to evaluate your prototypes and test hypotheses of user behavior.
* Partner with engineering to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate to production services.
* Build libraries of patterns, components, case studies, and past prototype learnings that arise from your work.
* Participate in annual planning and end-to-end design process.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.