Leads the design of usually small, less-complex material handling systems, including analysis of customer operations, developing, designing, and engineering, project management, and integration of multiple technologies.
* Designs usually small, less-complex end-to-end material handling systems that integrate multiple technologies such as sortation conveyors, automated storage and retrieval systems, robotics, voice and light picking systems, and supporting structures
* Details, designs, and engineers scalable, space-optimized storage systems, including rack systems, shelving, and pick modules, that maximize customer efficiency and incorporate factors such as forklift use and building codes; incorporates alternative technologies as appropriate
* Performs data collection and analysis to define design criteria
* Works with Industrial Engineering, Design Analysis, Sales, and customers to define system requirements and specifications
* Develops 3D simulation and emulation models to validate system design, equipment controls, and system software
* Works with vendors to develop complex turnkey subsystems such as unit sorters and automated storage and retrieval systems
* Uses economics analysis tools to determine return on investment for selected concepts
* Develops proposal documents, selected solution reports, bid specifications, descriptions of operations, and other plan documents
* Travels up to 40%
* Bachelor's degree in Analytics/Statistics, Computer Science, or Industrial Engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience
* Preferable 3 years or more of material handling industry experience
* Knowledge of material handling, including controls and software and material handling equipment technology
* Knowledge of process improvement processes and mathematical modeling of systems
* Knowledge of AutoCAD preferred
* Proficient with Microsoft Office and, after training.
* Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines
* Ability to handle multiple project assignments and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced results-oriented environment
* Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
* Ability to learn new technologies
* Ability to work weekends and evenings as required to support customer and project requirements
* Knowledge of databases and query languages.
* Knowledge of statistical models and distributions.