Are you committed to design excellence?
Do you thrive in an environment of collaboration?
Do you have a passion for sustainability?
Do you show a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurship?
If yes, join us in changing the world through design!
The Design Applications Manager position is a key role in Perkins+Will's Digital Practice, focusing on our design process and practice through the comprehensive integration of digital tools & workflows for all team members. Through leadership and implementation strategies, the responsibility of this role will be to increase well-organized and innovative workflows. Responsibilities will also include interaction and collaboration with varied groups in the Denver office and the Perkins+Will global platform. The Design Applications Manager will also develop and integrate new concepts in digital project delivery in addition to demonstrating how Perkins+Will's Digital Practice provide an added value to our clients.
* Collaborate with Design Teams to develop project-specific implementation strategies. Act as ongoing project consultant to ensure success.
* Ensure Quality Assurance with project teams to maintain modeling quality & fidelity, adherence to firm-wide modeling and information workflows, and ensure continuity of information across applications.
* Collaborate with Client Engagement Leaders to create new business and/or further existing engagements.
* Represent and coordinate with the firm-wide Digital Practice group to promote local adoption of new technologies, including Virtual & Augmented Reality, Computational Design, Digital Fabrication, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence & Internet of Things, workflows and practices.
* Provide Digital Design support to end users.
* Document and communicate exemplar processes, procedures, practices, and workflows.
* Structure and conduct continuing education workshops and assist with curriculum development.
* Mentor and Lead office design technologists.
* Participate in firm-wide planning relative to design technology innovation & implementation.
* Participate in AEC Forums, User Groups and Conferences speaking about Digital Practice topics.
* Proactively maintain and communicate current knowledge relative to technology through journals, vendor resources, and design community.
* Experience in all phases of the architectural design process, as well as commitment and passion for learning new design application technologies and strategies.
* Strong communication skills, written, oral and graphic representation.
* High-level of proficiency leveraging Revit in the architectural production process, including the ability to administer, configure and maintain the application.
* Demonstrated experience supporting Revit, Rhino and other applications in Perkins+Will's design technology suite.
* Working knowledge of Design Visualization, Virtual Reality, Computational Design and Environmental Analysis applications.
* General aptitude & comfort level with training & technical support, both one-on-one and in-group settings.
* Licensed Architect preferred. Current IDP considered.
* Bachelors in Architecture or other related professional degree.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples. Include your resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 4MB). At Perkins+Will we believe that inclusion spurs creativity, and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people + ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status; we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Perkins+Will is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and active duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces service medal veterans are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/V/D