Purpose of Job:Provide post-sales deployment engineering expertise and hands on support inclusive of architectural, design, integration and support the initial implementation, installation, configuration, and ongoing change support for network solutions across various BBOX product and service offerings. Work in partnership within operations and across various levels and departments of the organization to assist in planning, designing, migrating and troubleshooting client installation activities. Work collaboratively with clients to meet contractual obligations in a subject matter expert support role and manage client expectations to ensure that product and service deployments are successfully completed on time and meet technical, business and operational expectations. Monitor and drive throughout the project lifecycle to established implementation milestones, and participate in client status calls to ensure that projects remain on schedule. Ensure deployment engineering activities meet corporate client satisfaction objectives as well as internal and external SLAs.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
* Provide post-sales engineering implementation services for network solutions across various BBOX product and service offerings such as requirement definitions and implementation plans, end to end system designs, equipment staging, configuration creation and testing, and solution deployment of varying types of software and/or hardware network solution deployments spanning geographical separation.
* Proactively assess solution specifications in light of changing customer requirements, and recommend solution changes that optimize value for both the client and BBOX organization.
* Prepare documentation for internal and external clients detailing system designs and configuration of deployed solutions.
* Develop and maintain professional and productive relationships with clients, infrastructure vendors such as ISPs and Carrier Services, software & hardware vendors and related key contributors to ensure stable and quality product & service delivery consistent with company objectives and client expectations.
* Provide technical overview of product architecture, functionality, system / data requirements, service delivery and integration with enterprise applications.
* Continuously expand, research and leverage knowledge of market and industry trends and benchmarking to identify, recommend and implement best practices, methodologies and relevant analytics.
* Continuously develop and enhance knowledge, skills and abilities through various learning channels to expand technical and non-technical capabilities. Ensure further expansion of skill-set in the operating systems, networking infrastructure and products & services that BBOX supports.
* Meet all financial performance objectives for area of responsibility and take corrective action as needed.
* Implement and make recommendations to improve methodologies, core competencies and processes for deployment engineering to ensure stable and quality product & service delivery consistent with company objectives and client expectations.
* Maintain and enhance a strong client service-oriented environment focused on problem prediction, detection and resolution. Proactively identify and remove barriers to meeting client expectations. Provide timely documentation of issues, action plan and outcome. Achieve all client satisfaction objectives and internal and external SLAs.
* Actively and consistently recommend and support all efforts to improve, simplify, automate and enhance day to day service delivery operations and the client experience.
* Foster and contribute toward collaborative working relationships within operations and across all levels and departments of the organization to execute deployment engineering functions and company priorities.
* Utilize escalation and exception paths, processes and systems to report current performance and make recommendations for improvement of performance.
* Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Accountability - Demonstrates an understanding of the link between one's own job responsibilities and overall organizational goals and needs, and performs one's job with the broader goals in mind. Looks beyond the requirements of one's own job to offer suggestions for improvements of overall organization operations. Takes personal ownership in organization's success.
Customer Focus - Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers' needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer. Considers the impact on the external customer when taking action, setting policies or carrying out one's own job tasks. Looks for external trends that are likely to shape the wants and needs of customers in the near future. Looks for creative approaches to providing or improving services that may increase efficiency and decrease cost.
Business Acumen - Interprets situations and events from a business standpoint in order to make decisions that are consistent and congruent with the organizations strategic direction and goals. Demonstrates the ability to use technology to enhance decision making, and provide cost-effective organizational and management tools. Aligns policies for a consistent and united business approach. Increases cooperation and communications between departments.
Decision Making - Makes good decisions using a combination of analysis, knowledge, experience, and judgment. Analyzes and distinguishes core problems by looking at the symptoms. Resolves key issues behind major problems in the short term while developing and executing long term solutions. Has a strong record for making decisions that are correct and accurate. Applies strategies to implement effective decision making during crises.
Results Focused - Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence, shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement. Sets and maintains high performance standards for self and others that support organization's strategic plan.
Education / Experience Requirements
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent, relevant experience.
* Minimum of 5 years with of engineering deployment responsibilities involving complex client requirements assessment, solutions design and implementation within the technology services industry. Experience with Managed Service Provider environment preferred.
* Previous post-sales engineering experience with network solutions including requirement definitions and implementation plans, end to end system designs, equipment staging, configuration creation and testing, and solution deployment of varying types of software and/or hardware network solution deployments spanning geographical separation.
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), Microsoft System Engineer (MCSE), or related certifications preferred.
* Excellent Layer 2 & 3 networking skills including strong knowledge and proficiency in industry-standard networking technologies and infrastructures including cabling, LAN, WAN, and various telecommunication access methods, DNS based Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) theory as well as legacy networking technologies and system interdependencies. Cloud & Virtualization technologies preferred.
* Production environment experience consisting of directly managing routers, switches, global and local load balancing, SSL acceleration, HTTP compression/caching, and DNS in a high-availability infrastructure.
* End-to-end process thinker, with proven experience in business processes and workflow design.
* Excellent problem solving and systems analysis skills with demonstrated success in root cause analysis, effectiveness measurements and related documentation.
* Demonstrated experience of continuously expanding and leveraging knowledge of technology, market and industry trends with success in identifying, recommending and implementing best practices and methodologies.
* Ability to work effectively across all functional groups to optimize product & service offerings, fostering a seamless internal and external client experience and track record of timely and accurate issue resolution.
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, SharePoint, ERP, AutoCAD, service delivery management tools and related cloud based technology systems.
This position has no direct reports.