Deployed Engineer - NYC Metro Area
NJLocal/InternationalDigitalRef.: ML-209423We are looking for Deployed Engineers to join our North America Data Platform Information Technology team. This position will be based in NYC Metro Area.
The Digital team at Maersk offers a unique opportunity to leverage technology to impact global trade via the largest container shipping company in the world.
We operate in a fast-paced environment utilizing modern technologies and bias toward action. We are agile, value outcomes, and are passionate about using technology to solve problems.
Maersk provides a diverse group of global colleagues and immense variety of real-world problems. The Digital team operates within this environment and provides opportunities for growth in technology and industry across geographic and cultural borders.
We OfferWe offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade.
Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy.
We're proud of our people who define our company's industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
When you join our team you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create and shape our digital solutions, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international job postings. We offer competitive compensation and benefits for full-time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, a 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off - and our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry.
Every company, every country wants access to a competitive shipping, logistics and port system - and our people have created one company that offers one, easy-to-use solution to all their shipping needs.
Maersk is unique
Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers' global supply chains. We do this through the global scale of Maersk, the world's largest shipping line; our Logistics and Services expertise that help customers manage their global supply chains; and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most strategic locations to serve global supply chains.
Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global trade every day!
Key Responsibilities• Partner directly with the business to understand, decompose, and scope technical solutions that will create value internally or externally
* Create full-stack technical solutions utilizing our internal platforms that are scalable and maintainable
* Operate in agile scrum teams and independently direct time and resources
* Build data pipelines and complex engineering required to sustainably source data into a cloud environment
* Collaborate with our technical organizations to source data and interoperate with existing systems
* Embed with business teams to understand processes and requirements and fit solutions within this framework
* Contribute to our core digital platform and augment capabilities to build data assets and continuously improve our platform offering
Who we are looking for• Strong engineering background, with a degree or experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Engineering, or Data Science
* Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to operate independently to create end-to-end solutions
* At least 3 years of software engineering experience using Java, Python, C++, or another general-purpose programming language
* Deep experience with data technologies, from relational databases to big data solutions
* Data engineering and pipeline technology experience - particularly open source and modern frameworks
* Independent and self-directed individuals that thrive in ambiguity
* Desire and ability to learn the business and become an expert in the industry
* Good instincts around data and experience with analytics and machine learning
* Ability to communicate and work effectively with technical and non-technical team members
* Willingness and interest to travel when required to be close to our internal and external customers
>Last application date: 01 July 2019.
For further information, please contact: Joel.Obando.Castillo@maersk.com.maerskline.comYou must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. Local candidates only; no relocation assistance is provided.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com Your promise. Delivered.