Job ID R52817 Date posted Apr. 16, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can't wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Engineer, Service Delivery on our CI/HCI team.
Our Delivery Specialists are integral to getting things done for customers. When Dell is contracted to deliver services, anywhere around the world, Delivery Specialists make sure our innovative technical solutions meet specifications. They also plan, direct and coordinate the full range of organizational and technical activities required to deliver on our promises. Getting this right involves building up in-depth knowledge of clients' priorities, challenges and initiatives as a trusted adviser. This also enables our team to identify potential sales opportunities. Together with colleagues in sales and Global SMEs, they develop strategic plans for account growth.
* Responsible for Implementing, Supporting and Troubleshooting the upgrades of data centers built using DELL EMC Convergence and Hyper Convergence Infrastructure from Remote. He/She should have Expert knowledge in implementing & Supporting one or more of the Technology Domains such as Data center Networking, Unified Data center Storage Infrastructure, VMware Virtualization & Cisco UCS Compute Infrastructure
* Deliver DELL EMC CI/HCI Solutions for Data centers and specifically integrating those into DELL EMC's overall data center architecture and detailed design
* Delivery Specialist will also serve as content knowledge expert, participate in upgrade proposal preparation, develop detailed upgrade services methodologies, customer presentations, mentor other technical consultants and assist with development of technical collateral around server and application integrated designs
* The Delivery Specialist should exercise judgment within defined Industry standards and use creativity to develop a clear low level services methodology for the data center solutions being positioned
* Responsible for technical decisions that will affect project timelines, functional units, and/or deadlines
* Works closely with the customer on Dell EMC Best Practices; ensures solutions work as intended in the customer's environment
* Provides proactive recommendations to the customer for improving their use of Dell EMC CI/HCI solutions to help maximize their satisfaction with Dell EMC
* Actively contributes to the implementation, configuration, layout and performance tuning of EMC and non-Dell EMC products
* Participates in the design and operational execution of the customer's disaster recovery process as required
* 6 - 10 years' experience with VMware/Hyper-V, Enterprise Virtualization technologies strongly. This experience should include the planning, deployment, configuration and administration
* The ideal candidate will have deep technical expertise in the use of Data Center products and their use in the design of Converged Infrastructure through Network, Compute, Storage and Virtualization architecture. In addition, IT people/process consulting knowledge and experience, understanding of datacenter physical requirements specific to power, cooling, cabling etc.
* Operations experience and working knowledge in implementing management and monitoring infrastructure for the data center
* Must be self-motivated and eager to learn new technologies and skills to better assist customers
* Leadership skills to lead and execute on projects
* Good Communication and Presentation skills
Must have Skills
* VMware Certified Professional (VCP) preferred
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
* EMCSA, EMCTA Storage Certifications preferred
* Excellent customer service skills with strong focus on customer satisfaction
* Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Apply now Apply now