Are you a GIS professional who is constantly creating new solutions for your unit or agency? Combine your strong GIS skills with a passion for supporting the military and intelligence communities to help implement the next generation of mapping. Join our fast growing ArcGIS Solutions Defense team to design and develop industry-specific applications, maps, and tools on Esri's cutting edge ArcGIS platform. We are a fast-paced, agile team that works with the latest technologies and patterns, asynchronous programming, and MVVM. In this role, you will build software used by defense and military agencies, with a focus on our Military tools for Defense.
* Build and maintain realistic workflows and projects to assist military and intel community users in building useful and timely information products
* Work closely with business development and professional services to understand various military and intelligence community specific client requirements and help formulate appropriate GIS solutions
* Provide input into product design aspects to assure our products are simple to use and provide a great experience for our customers
* Design and author test cases for functionality, performance, scalability, and durability; execute both manual and automated tests, analyze test results, and report results
* Author help documentation that explains how to use and configure the solution
* Continually assess product quality and release readiness
* Share and distribute your workflows and projects in samples, tutorials, blog articles, and videos
* Research and analyze customer requests, industry standards, and specifications to help define requirements
* Familiarity with Esri's ArcGIS platform and online services, or other GIS products
* Demonstrable experience developing both 2D and 3D information products
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work collaboratively within a small team
* Experience with software testing
* Bachelor's or master's in GIS, geography, computer science, statistics, engineering, or related field
* Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
* Strong topographic or intelligence unit experience (national agency or Joint assignments highly desirable)
* Use and administration of relational databases
* Experience with big data analytic tools and technologies
* Experience with CI/CD or CT
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri (Environmental Systems Research Institute) develops GIS and mapping software for organizations in commercial, government, natural resources, and utilities industries.