The CSS Digital & Developer SBU was recently created to accelerate the Customer Service and Support digital transformation: we are creating a world class support experience for our customers and empower customers to self-solve more of their issues and be more satisfied with their self-help experience.
Are you a dynamic, driven leader who loves to collaborate across groups, and is passionate about the customer experience and support, artificial intelligence, and innovation? Are you looking for a high-impact role that will influence the future of how we connect with our current and future customers? At Microsoft, we are pursuing artificial intelligence as the key ingredient to empowering every person and organization to solve their most pressing challenges.
We are actively hiring for a Technical Program Manager for a Digital Customer Support (DCS) Supportability Team which is chartered to empower customers to self-solve and provide support experiences where customers are more satisfied with their self-solve journey.
The Technical Program Manager will manage a specific technology workstream (Experience & Devices, Cloud & Artificial Intelligence, or Modern Life technologies) and report to the DCS Director Business Program Management in the CSS Digital & Develop SBU (D2SBU).
* 5+ years of experience in technology, preferably in the fields of artificial intelligence, machine learning or business analytics.
* 2+ years of technical program management and delivery experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Systems, or equivalent software or services experience required.
* Proven record of building technical and business relationships with stakeholders.
* Strong business acumen to partner with other key leaders across Microsoft engineering, services, and research teams to deliver on our DCS engineering priorities;
* Experience managing virtual team with proven accomplishments (cross boundary collaboration and interpersonal awareness). Track record of working closely with development teams and/or technical evangelists demonstrating technical program management capabilities.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to speak with influence and impact. Ability to communicate complex technical information clearly to people with or without a technical background. Ability to present and articulate effectively across all levels of the organization.
* Ability to identify key issues and differentiate between actual technical capabilities and unproven solutions or concepts.
* Exceptional decision-making skills, conflict resolution, community building, and follow through. Results driven.
* Location/Travel: You will be based in Issaquah, WA, in the Microsoft CSS HQ, with 10% of travel expected.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Intake solution requirements from DCS Supportability
* Design features, products, diagnostics and/or services which solve the customer's or support engineer's need.
* Manage solutions from creation to deployment.
* Drive the technology solutions to enhance the experience of hundreds of millions of customers to self-solve/self-help for the technology.
* Partner with multiple stakeholders to execute and land DCS solutions across Microsoft and advise on appropriate delivery methods and channels.
* Use outstanding program management, analytical skills, cross-functional thinking, business judgment, strategic thinking, and technical acumen to help drive the DCS initiative
* Act as an evangelist and catalyst for DCS and innovation
* Work closely with Engineers and Program Managers from engineering (MSEG), research (MSR), and engineering teams - this is a broad-ranging cross-functional role that encompasses all aspects of DCS for the E+D, C+AI, or Modern Life technologies, to include artificial intelligence and machine learning for customer assisted support.
* Stay updated on technology (AI and ML) and our customers' needs, to determine where we should invest in development and then define the requirements for that development
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.