The Database Engineer will work on the design and development of SQL Server databases, writing queries, providing complex database analytics and reporting based on the services we provide. The ideal candidate has performed multiple projects using SSIS to load data and integrate internal and external systems. The incumbent will analyze the data and create metrics to drive operational performance and improvement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Advanced experience with SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014/2016, including T-SQL, SSIS
* Design and document logical and physical database models to cater to a variety of business requirements.
* Designing and developing SQL Server databases.
* Create, maintain, and execute SQL Server queries.
* Creating database tables, queries and reports using T-SQL Stored procedures, Functions, Triggers, Constraints and Indexes.
* Be able to understand SQL queries without assistance and tune for performance.
* Extensive knowledge of Tuning SQL queries, Maintaining Data Integrity and Data Consistency, Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
* Monitor and address performance issues.
* Support the migration from an old ERP system to the new replacement.
* Hands-on SQL Server development experience.
* Experience in design, build and deployment effective SSIS packages.
* Use SSIS to move, load, and transform data.
* Experience with logging and error handling in SSIS Packages.
* Designs, implements and supports interfaces between databases and between another operating environment.
* Interpret and analyze data from various source systems to support data integration and data reporting
* Building/publishing/sharing dashboards/reports in Power BI
* Developing DAX formulas in Power BI
* Experience in Tabular Modeling and Writing DAX queries for calculated members and measure groups.
* Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
* Detail Oriented.
* Excellent problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
* 8+ years of SQL Server (SQL 2008, SQL 2012, SQL 2014, SQL 2016)
* Extensive working experience on SQL Server, SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
* Proven track record building complex T-SQL to support data loading, business operations, automation, and reporting.
* Have supported data migration projects where reverse engineering was required.
* 2+ years of Microsoft Power BI experience, and other Azure data platform tools
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
* Experience with SSAS
* Extensive knowledge of DAX
Experience with Microsoft Azure platforms (Azure SQL, Azure Data warehouse, Azure Analysis Services) is a plus
About Empire Petroleum
Empire Petroleum is a leading motor fuels distributor.