Dataset Engineer - Information Services
Req #: 17798
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Category: Corporate
Crowe creates powerful, customer-focused solutions that solve various business challenges across the different industry verticals. For comprehensive solution build and test cycles that dramatically improve the user experience, the solutions teams need the variation and other problems that are encountered in real datasets. Additionally, Crowe has an Enterprise Data Catalog which is a firm-wide repository that registers these datasets and other data sources along with its corresponding metadata and contextual information.
To lead and help with creating de-identified datasets for solution development life cycle and to support the maintenance and evolution of Crowe Enterprise Data Catalog, Crowe EIM Program is seeking a quick-thinking, detail-oriented engineer, with a deep understanding of the importance of contractual obligations and compliance to regulations.
* Work with the various BU and IV data owners to support the catalog requests (addition, updating and deletion of datasets and business glossary)
* Work with IS Azure support team on technical maintenance and support
* Monitor and track usage of the catalog and publish the metrics monthly
* Help the solutions teams (AT, DS and IS) to build de-identified development, testing and training datasets
* Collaborate with the Information Security team to ensure that de-identified datasets are appropriate for usage
* Register the de-identified datasets in the data catalog with the finalized metadata and other contextual information
YOUR JOURNEY AT CROWE STARTS HERE:
At Crowe, you have the opportunity to deliver creative solutions to today's complex business issues. Crowe's accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their dedication to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our dedication to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a "Best Place to Work." We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!
* Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
* 5-7 years of experience on data related initiatives with significant time spent on dataset prep using de-identification tools and concepts
* Strong preference on experience with tools like Redgate Data Masker and Microsoft Azure technologies
* Deep understanding of regulations and data usage policies, with a passion for data
* Must be able to effectively interact with, present information to, and respond to questions from all levels of the organization and partners
* Possess strong problem solving skills and comfortable with ambiguity, creative thinking and leading change
* Detail oriented. Highly accurate in data entry and analysis
* Results-oriented, diligent, and work with a sense of urgency
* Assertive, responsible for his/her own work (self-directed), having a strong affinity for defining work in deliverables and willing to commit to deadlines
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Information Services (IS): Information Services manages the firm's infrastructure design and security, project management office, architecture, enterprise application services, client service and infrastructure and administration.
At Crowe, we know that great people is what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package.
Learn more about what working at Crowe can mean for you.
HOW YOU CAN GROW:
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and aspirations.
Learn more about where talent can prosper.
MORE ABOUT CROWE:
Crowe (www.crowe.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.