ADP's DataCloud is searching for a senior and hands-on Performance Test Engineer to join our high-performance Application Development team. The successful candidate will have a strong command of designing and implementing our performance testing initiatives, with strong experience with APIs, large data volumes and automation, working side-by-side with our Architecture & Application Development teams. This is a senior position responsible for developing innovative, flexible and scalable solutions, driving the release of high performing applications.
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We're building the next generation of ADP technologies.
Things You'll Do:
* Collaborate with Application Architects, Developers, Testers and System Engineers to capture functional and non-functional requirements in order to achieve high performance goals
* Design and implement extensions to our existing performance testing framework
* Design, implement and drive the adoption of new performance testing tools and processes
* Design, implement and drive the adoption of performance testing on the cloud (AWS)
* Drive the preparation of performance testing environments, including the acquisition of large data volumes for "prod-like" testing
* Create new solutions in order to push the boundaries of our automation capabilities, integrating performance testing with our CI/CD pipelines
* Generate proper designs, diagrams and documentation of the implemented solutions
* Generate reports on performance test results, providing insights and recommendations for improvements
* Provide technical leadership and coaching to other team members
* Use Agile methods (Scrum/Kanban) to organize project deliverables, to track, to follow-up and to report progress
* Expert in performance testing strategies, practices, frameworks
* Strong experience with testing tools, monitoring and load simulators (HP Performance Tester/LoadRunner, JMeter, Selenium, or similar)
* Strong experience with application telemetry, monitoring and tracing solutions (Splunk, CA Wily, or similar)
* Strong Experience with distributed systems and containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
* Strong programming skills in Java, PHP, Python, Groovy, NodeJs (or equivalent)
* Strong understanding of networking concepts (HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, Firewall, VPN, Routing, Proxy and Load Balancing)
* Strong experience with API standards (REST, SOAP)
* Strong experience with SQL optimization and relational databases (Oracle)
* Experience with data masking techniques and tools is desired (Delphix or similar)
* Exposure to DevOps practices and tools (Jenkins, Ansible or similar)
* Experience with markup languages (JSON, XML, YAML)
* Experience with Linux, open source software and scripting (Bash or similar)
* Experience with NoSQL databases is desired (MongoDb, Redis)
* Experience with Cloud solutions (AWS) is desired (VPC, EC2, S3, CloudWatch and others)
* Good understanding of agile development
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline is desirable
* 5+ years of hands-on experience with performance testing
* 5+ years of experience with high-load, always-on, distributed systems
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
ADP (Automatic Data Processing) is a company providing business process outsourcing services.