Secure your tomorrow with Unisys: A great place to learn and grow your career! At Unisys, every associate makes a difference. Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, explore local and global challenges, and solve complex technology issues with creative solutions and diverse teams. You are part of a team that drives change and delivers results on a daily basis. Our success is a direct result of our people.
Currently seeking Datacenter Technicians to support the deployment and the maintenance of servers, network devices and PC related devices under the specific instructions provided by the support team. The ideal candidate for this role balances strong technical skills, attention-to-detail, and a challenge driven attitude to resolve technical issues for sustaining and deployment activities. Technician will also contribute in creating knowledge library, e.g. Knowledge Base Articles, SOP etc. Additionally, the tech will assist with new product introduction activities related to field services.
* This position requires an on-site presence in datacenter environment.
* Takes service calls and performs incident specific activities as directed by Unisys Management.
* May perform routine installs, moves, adds and changes as part of a directed team, including complex installation scripts, whole unit replacement, and loading software with a script
* Performs scripted image loading, unit diagnostics and replaceable unit swapping
* Simple troubleshooting by running basic diagnostics and performs basic module replacement on PCs, servers and peripherals
* Tech will provide assistance to local technical team to include: break-fix support for new rack deployment and incident management support for sustained operations
* Provide assistance to local technical team for project related support or datacenter related Smarthands activity as directed by the client (replacing a network device, configuring a network device or a server, performing a power cycle, performing patch management / cabling etc.)
* Assist in providing logistical support for Asset Management, DC Floor Plan Audits, etc.
* Provide timely and detailed feedback to local technical team or Unisys management on any service issues impacting SLAs with the client
* Be an outstanding client-facing representative of Unisys at all times
* Ensures customer satisfaction throughout the service delivery transaction.
Technical and Behavioral Skills
* High school diploma or GED required
* Background investigation and drug screen required
* Bachelor's Degree in a computer-related field preferred (computer science, electrical engineering, telecommunications, or related discipline) or 1 plus year of equivalent experience.
* General knowledge of desktop hardware and software including basic knowledge of Microsoft applications and Apple OS.
* Basic mechanical skills and understanding of electro static discharge (ESD) procedures
* Ability to resolve basic / non-complex problems as directed
* Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
* Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with internal and external customers. Maintains a high degree of professionalism in actions, demeanor and dress.
* Ability to work flexible hours as scheduled after-hours events may occur (route install or swap)
* Ability to regularly lift and move server systems that weigh up to 70 pounds
* A+, Server+ and MCP/MCSE certifications or equivalent are highly desired