We are North America's leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! We have great part-time and full-time positions available! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is currently seeking a Database Software Engineer to provide database and data processing development for new programs, program changes, and problem resolution for IT-related systems critical to core organizational functions. The individual will develop and support data feeds, SSIS packages, and SSRS reports to support Allied Universal. Analyzes and evaluates Allied Universal data processing requirements and devises computer programs and related procedures to process data and resolve problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participate in product design, systems analysis, and programming activities including:Design, implement, test, and integrate code modules based on software requirements specifications using the Microsoft SQL Server.Prepare technical design specifications of product sub-systems based on functional requirements.Create and maintain documentation for design and use of all solutions. Perform bug verification, testing, and second level support for assigned products. Work with business analyst team and/or directly with end users to develop and refine functional requirements for new and existing systems. Provide maintenance associated with various Allied Universal and third party solutions. Design, extend, and maintain relational databases according to established standards and procedures. Prepare feasibility and alternatives analyses, as well as implementation plans. Coordinate and perform in-depth tests including end-user reviews. Occasional travel and extended hours to meet project deadlines. Participate and contribute as a positive role model to Allied Universal's IT Department and to the organization as a whole.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical relevant field is required.
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in software development related to MS SQL Server is required.
* Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming practices, such as design patterns, UML, and systems architecture
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server platform, including T-SQL, DDL, and DML with functional knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Integration Services is required
* Experience in software development for web applications is a plus
* Experience using .NET framework with heavy concentration in C# is a plus
* Experience with web development using ASP.NET
* Experience with system administration and development operations is a plus
* Ability to make decisions and work independently
* Demonstrate ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments, and effectively manage deadlines.
* Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
* The job is generally performed in an office setting utilizing computers.
* The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
* Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
* Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.
About Allied Universal
Allied Universal is a facility services company and a security services provider.