Req #: 221428
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Information Technology
Security Clearance: NACI
Clearance Status: Must Be Current
CACI is looking for a Database Programmer to provide support for a Sybase to Microsoft SQL server migration in Washington D.C. This individual must be a forward thinker who can proactively plan, multitask, troubleshoot, and possesses good organizational skills.
What You'll Get to Do:
The Candidate for this position will become a subject matter leader in the following areas:
* Developing database designs for Microsoft SQL databases, including tables, views, and stored procedures, with Microsoft Access user interface.
* Designing and implementing security on SQL databases.
* Optimizing and creating indices in SQL databases.
* Developing SQL queries to maintain databases, update data, and extract data.
* Developing data validation routines.
* Detecting invalid data formats and data values outside valid ranges.
* Developing workflow procedures for using databases.
* Extracting transform and load (ETL) data from varied sources using tools approved by the government.
* Designing and developing reports using selected tools including MS Office Applications, Crystal Report Writer, MS SharePoint and other tools approved by the government.
* Analyzing requirements and data structures and extracting relevant information for inclusion on the reports.
* Developing visual presentations of information including charts, diagrams or dashboards to support management review and decision making.
These are the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities You Should Possess:
* A NACI is required to begin employment. CACI has the ability to provide clearance sponsorship for qualified individuals.
* Preferred minimum of one (1) year practical experience administrating and customizing SQL Server, MySQL and/or Oracle databases with their associated tool sets in a production or support environment.
* Experience with Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, VBA, and T-SQL
* Experience with Data Mapping
* Experience with creating Database Dictionaries
* Experience with relational database management system (RDBMS) to RDBMS ETL
* Knowledge of database theory and design
* Knowledge of the principles of data querying
* Intimate familiarity with relational database tools, design, analysis, and administration
* Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
* Ability to solve problems, troubleshoot, and quickly and independently learn new skills
* Good organizational skills with the ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities and to manage multiple assignments with challenging/conflicting deadlines.
* Clear and effective communicator - both oral and written.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience with Sybase ETL to another relational database management system (RDBMS)
You'll Bring these Qualifications:
* US Citizenship
* Bachelor's degree
* 5 years of professional experience
* 3 years of database administration experience
* Skills and experience with required tools or applications
What We Can Offer You:
CACI provides training and support to its employees on an ongoing basis. Our leadership emphasizes the value of ethics and character in everything we do.
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.