Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an Intern to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Manager of Database Engineering.
Does This Describe You:
You're a creative thinker!
A Look Inside the Job:
* Participate in the installation and management of MySQL, Postgres, Redis and Cassandra clusters of comprised of almost 1000 nodes, sustaining nearly a million transactions per second and containing over a petabyte of data
* Ensure system stability, scalability, security, and performance
* Partner with developers to improve queries and schema
* Create documentation surrounding our database infrastructure
* Think out of the box and solve complex scaling challenges
* Undergraduate Junior pursuing your degree during the time of the internship
* Enjoy working in an energized environment
* Documentation skills mandatory
* Good diagnostic expertise including problem investigation, root-cause analysis, and resolution skills
* The desire and ability to see a problem through to a complete solution
* An enthusiastic learner who excels in a team-based environment
* Ready to leave any attitude at the door, explore new ideas, and take on new challenges
* Great interpersonal skills
* Experience pushing multiple projects at once
* Undergraduate or Junior (graduating within the next year)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
* Free lunch every Friday
* Flexible working hours
* Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
* Charity match program
* And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Datto is a provider of data backup, recovery and business continuity solutions.